News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Games you would like to see *remastered*

Started by Martinus, February 02, 2015, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Sword of the Samurai. So much potential with today's computer technology.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Norgy

Morrowind.
Although modders have re-released it in the Oblivion engine.

Syt

Also: the Morrowind Overhaul that increases the original game's graphical fidelity considerably. With it the game looks like it looks in my nostalgia addled memory ( seriously, it's a huge improvement).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Quote from: Norgy on February 06, 2015, 03:16:56 AM
Morrowind.
Although modders have re-released it in the Oblivion engine.

Skywind is in the works too.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on February 04, 2015, 09:07:42 PM
Seven Cities of Gold
Starflight
most of the early Sierra games (Police Quest series, Space Quest series)
Below the Root

I will join the SimEarth chorus, and definitely Seven Cities of Gold, as well.

Some games I think are just better as they were.  I'd like to think the early Ultima games would cool to be remastered...but I dunno if you could really get the same feel of the original without screwing it all up.

Not sure if the PQ/SQ would work either.  I loved PQ, but I think Cal just remembers this... :P

And don't forget Hero's Quest.  :sleep:

Tonitrus

Also, Ancient Art of War and Ancient Art of War at Sea.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 06, 2015, 07:53:30 AM
Parts of the entire SSI back catalog.

Sword of Aragon.  :wub:

More idea:

Autoduel.
Roadwar 2000/Europa

Darth Wagtaros

I guess you could say Medieval Lords was remade in Crusader Kings.  I second the SSI call.  Especially the Gold Box AD&D stuff. 
PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Norgy

Quote from: Syt on February 06, 2015, 04:08:33 AM
Also: the Morrowind Overhaul that increases the original game's graphical fidelity considerably. With it the game looks like it looks in my nostalgia addled memory ( seriously, it's a huge improvement).

It does look a lot better, I agree, but Morrowind's gameplay is clunky compared to later RPGs. What stands out, is the weird and lovely world of Morrowind.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2015, 01:02:28 PM
I wonder how the original Populous would look now with today's machines.

[molyneux]It's amazing!  So much more immersive than the original!  Better art!  Better sounds!  Your friends can play as the villagers, defy you, and you can smite them for their betrayals!  We'll be releasing content packs per asset on Steam Early Access to take the pressure off the development team!  Preorder it now so we can make this![/molyneux]
Experience bij!

Norgy

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.