News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Games you would like to see *remastered*

Started by Martinus, February 02, 2015, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on February 05, 2015, 04:45:55 PM
New Colonization was bad.  I loved the original but wow.  I forget exactly why because it did not take long to realize it was terrible.

you should play Col 2 with the Revolutions and Religions mod: whole new game.

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 06, 2015, 07:33:21 AM
I'd like to think the early Ultima games would cool to be remastered...but I dunno if you could really get the same feel of the original without screwing it all up.

They would have to be totally different games to work now.  I mean the whole plot was flipped when we learned in Ultima VI Mondain et al were heroes to the Gargoyles....or something like that.  My memory is hazy.  It was over 20 years ago, after all.

Wasn't there some kind of remake of Ultima IV being done?

QuoteStar control 1 and 2

Star Control 2 would still work great today.  That should absolutely be remade.

Quoteyou should play Col 2 with the Revolutions and Religions mod: whole new game.

I am unlikely to ever fire it up again (it was not even mine, it was on my father's computer he is much more of a Civ freak than me) but if I do I hope I remember this thread.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

Jagged Alliance II
Tie Fighter
Theme Park/Theme Hospital
Transport Tycoon
Ascendancy

:hmm:

Duque de Bragança

Early entries in the Uncharted Waters series  (the "only popular in the Far East" MMORPG does not count).

PS: for Drakken :)

Habbaku

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 23, 2015, 08:02:21 PM
Uncharted Waters series (the Far East-only MMORPG does not count).

Anything similar to that would be awesome.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

First, it isn't Far-East only anymore.

Second, they are at the fifth iteration and it seems Tecmo-Koei has dumbed it down somewhat. :(

Now I'd fucking FAP in my pants if they made Nobunaga's Ambition Online fully available to Western audiences.

Jaron

Quote from: Caliga on February 04, 2015, 09:07:42 PM
Seven Cities of Gold
Starflight
most of the early Sierra games (Police Quest series, Space Quest series)
Below the Root

Yes to Starflight!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Drakken on February 23, 2015, 10:00:26 PM

First, it isn't Far-East only anymore.

Second, they are at the fifth iteration and it seems Tecmo-Koei has dumbed it down somewhat. :(

Now I'd fucking FAP in my pants if they made Nobunaga's Ambition Online fully available to Western audiences.

Point taken, a bit more promotion would not hurt in the crowded MMORPG world. Not a great fan of MMORPG as well.
As for the series, I was thinking more of the first two, the only ones which got a western release.

viper37

Dungeon Keeper. I had lots of fun playing that, would love to see a decent remake for PC.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: Zanza on February 23, 2015, 03:48:24 PM
Jagged Alliance II
Tie Fighter
Theme Park/Theme Hospital
Transport Tycoon
Ascendancy

:hmm:
Jagged Alliance II has been re-done.  Agree about Ascendancy - way too cool a concept to die like it did.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

frunk

Quote from: grumbler on February 25, 2015, 09:24:35 AM
Agree about Ascendancy - way too cool a concept to die like it did.

I thought the graphics on Ascendancy were quite good, but the gameplay (despite many neat ideas) was lacking.  I don't think a remastering would make me want to play it again, it would take a bigger overhaul.

Iormlund

It was mostly the brain-dead AI, lack of queues and a couple other things. Easily solvable within a remastered edition.

Ascendancy would be my answer to the OP as well.

frunk

Quote from: Iormlund on February 25, 2015, 10:45:39 AM
It was mostly the brain-dead AI, lack of queues and a couple other things. Easily solvable within a remastered edition.

Ascendancy would be my answer to the OP as well.

By the original post, remastering is considered:

QuoteJust to be clear - this is not asking for a full blown remake, just a pure graphic and sound "facelift".

If there's more that is allowed to be done then I agree.

Caliga

Second TIE Fighter.

Also, in a similar genre, it's about time for a new general aviation flight simulator.  FSX is too old now, though the recent Steam re-release has been tweaked somewhat for optimal performance on modern hardware.  X-Plane is just too inaccessible for the casual user.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points