News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Games you would like to see *remastered*

Started by Martinus, February 02, 2015, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Just to be clear - this is not asking for a full blown remake, just a pure graphic and sound "facelift".

I will start with two:
- Defender of the Crown
- Darklands

Both would make great iPad games.

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Saw that, it's not remastered. The graphics is still as bad it was in the original game.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Arvoreen

I'll second Darklands

And add Planescape: Torment

Caliga

Seven Cities of Gold
Starflight
most of the early Sierra games (Police Quest series, Space Quest series)
Below the Root
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I kinda miss Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.  That was fun, and one of the first games that supplemented the original release with additional disks of planes.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 04, 2015, 09:22:22 PM
I kinda miss Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.  That was fun, and one of the first games that supplemented the original release with additional disks of planes.

Oh, good choice, odd indeed that it's not been brought back.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Fighting Steel

Arcanum: but from a Skyrim perspective.

HL/HL2

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

The game I most would have wanted to see redone... has been redone.  Sit Meier's Pirates!

I played the shit out of that game as a kid, and adored that it was redone in 2002 or so.

Actually, it's been long enough it could do with another remastering... :shifty:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Pedrito

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2015, 12:16:01 AM
SimEarth
Seconded.

About Planescape: Torment, there is a nice mod to crank the resolution up to 1920*1080, it gives a good facelift to the game.

Other games: Day of the Tentacle, The Dig, Star Wars: Rebellion, and oh, Freespace 1 and 2.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: