Beep, beep
3 (60%)
Jaron
0 (0%)
I like this option
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Jaron

I always get disqualified for juries because my stepfather works for the DA. I want to put niggers in prison too!  :(
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2009, 10:20:57 PM
Oh and the brochure they gave me said that you can't asked to be excused on the basis of any identity thing like race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. Additionally it said that you don't really need to have a great grasp of English to be a juror.
I think that is incorrect as far as religion goes. The church I was raised in forbids jury duty and I would have heard if it couldn't be excused in California or anywhere else in North America

Caliga

Quote from: Maximus on September 15, 2009, 08:03:37 AM
The church I was raised in forbids jury duty
Only God may judge. :yes: :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

This communist anti-justice religion must be bloodily purged from our shores!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

I got a registration notice the other day. Ticked the "lawyer" box and sent it back.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Why shouldn't a lawyer serve on a jury?  That whole pesky "knowledge of the law" thing?  :huh:

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on September 15, 2009, 08:26:14 AM
Why shouldn't a lawyer serve on a jury?  That whole pesky "knowledge of the law" thing?  :huh:

I think the fear is that other members of the jury would be unduly influenced by the professional.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Having served on a jury I can tell you that anyone with a brain can 'unduly influence' the other members.  :cool:

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2009, 08:17:54 AM

This communist anti-justice religion must be bloodily purged from our shores!
Why would you equate justice with any process that involves a jury?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on September 15, 2009, 08:36:38 AM
Why would you equate justice with any process that involves a jury?

If it was good enough for my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great Saxon Grandfather it should be good enough for Max's religion :angry:

Martinus

I for one am glad for living in an oppressive totalitarian state where we have no juries, and court rulings are handed down from on high by unelected wisemen.  :cool:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 15, 2009, 08:44:23 AM
I for one am glad for living in an oppressive totalitarian state where we have no juries, and court rulings are handed down from on high by unelected wisemen.  :cool:

Hans is now frothing in fury at your unelected god-emperors.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2009, 08:48:15 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 15, 2009, 08:44:23 AM

Hans is now frothing in fury at your unelected god-emperors.

It's actually a copy of the German model, so Hans should be happy with it.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 15, 2009, 08:49:44 AM
It's actually a copy of the German model, so Hans should be happy with it.

Oh I see.  It is not unelected God-Emperorness when Germans do it.