BREAKING: Two dead in anti-terror raid in Belgium

Started by Syt, January 15, 2015, 12:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30840160

QuoteBelgian police stage 'anti-terror raid' in Verviers

Two people have been killed in an anti-terrorism operation in the Belgian town of Verviers, media reports say citing officials.

A third person was wounded, according to Belgian TV.

A source in the mayor's office told AFP news agency that "an operation is under way". Another official said the raid was "jihadist related".

Witnesses reported hearing gunfire for several minutes and at least three explosions.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

So apparently it's ten different raids across Belgium, mostly against individuals returned from Syria.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 15, 2015, 02:30:54 PM
So apparently it's ten different raids across Belgium, mostly against individuals returned from Syria.

Good. They should be locked up and released only if deemed no longer a threat.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on January 15, 2015, 03:11:59 PM

Um, I think we have some space available in, you know...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2015, 03:24:01 PM

Um, I think we have some space available in, you know...

Brussels?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

We should set up our own Guantanamo in Kaliningrad.

Martinus

Martinus

Ok. I gotta say that. I feel dirty for posting that.   :Embarrass:

Siege

Quote from: Martinus on January 15, 2015, 03:46:38 PM

Ok. I gotta say that. I feel dirty for posting that.   :Embarrass:

Don't be a fag changing your mind. We need a hard stance on terrorism. These people are not nice.
If you need motivation, remember what they do to gay people in muslim controlled territory.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall