News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

May 2015 UK General Election Campaign.

Started by mongers, January 09, 2015, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

While I really want the conservatives to win, I am disturbed by the EU referendum.  Are they serious about this? :unsure:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 08, 2015, 05:31:37 AM
They've got a majority, Sinn Fein never take their seats.

And yeah last time Nate Silver's was the worst prediction (100+ for the Lib Dems), this time he doubled down on the worst prediction of the night. Every cloud...

Wow, what a landslide for the Right/Tories. And what a huge black-eye for the poll takers who predicted the elections too close to call!

Neil

Well, it was kinda close.

Man, a lot of people voted for UKIP.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

I laughed my ass off this morning watching BBC world news.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 08, 2015, 05:31:37 AM
They've got a majority, Sinn Fein never take their seats.

So tired of that shit. Look it was cool back in 1918 but they are both in the EU now. 'We are in a peaceful political union...WITH AN EVIL EMPIRE WHOSE SYSTEM WE REJECT!!!!111'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

What did the Tories do to deserve this vote of confidence? And damn that supposedly rising star of Toryism in Scotland sure did the opposite of rising.

Also: End of the three party system in Britain? Does the SNP success following the decisive defeat of secession signal a Scottish support of more devolution?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Neil

Makes sense.  The UK is starting to balkanize, and the Tories are a more English party than Labour.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2015, 07:57:16 AM
What did the Tories do to deserve this vote of confidence?

Full employment, growing economy, no stone work.

derspiess

Very happy and surprised to see the Tories win.  I wish UKIP had won more seats but I'll take the overall results.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 08, 2015, 08:20:25 AM
Full employment, growing economy, no stone work.

This and the pink van make it hard to take Labour seriously that is true.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2015, 08:21:15 AM
I wish UKIP had won more seats but I'll take the overall results.

:blink:

Why? The UK leaving the EU is against American interests.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2015, 08:23:42 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2015, 08:21:15 AM
I wish UKIP had won more seats but I'll take the overall results.

:blink:

Why? The UK leaving the EU is against American interests.

Conservatives have watered themselves down a bit & UKIP says things the Tories are now afraid to say.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Warspite

So, bets on the UK still being whole in 2020?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Valmy

Quote from: Warspite on May 08, 2015, 09:21:09 AM
So, bets on the UK still being whole in 2020?

Um didn't we just have an election on this? Surely Scotland has to wait at least a decade to try again. Otherwise it just gets stupid.

Unless you are suggesting Wales or NI is going to break away.