And we're back!

Main Menu

May 2015 UK General Election Campaign.

Started by mongers, January 09, 2015, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on May 08, 2015, 12:59:17 AM
Well, it looks like Britain is FUCKED.
I'll have to seriously reconsider my long term plans now, moving back home seems an ever more untenable option.

:frusty:

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Agelastus

Well, that's it; the Tories may have somehow managed to hold Dumfriesshire but they've failed to take Berwick, Roxburgh and Selkirk (which the pre-election polls suggested they would.)

That leaves the pre-election "Big 3" parties with 1 seat each in Scotland. Even if it looks as if some seats will leak back next time (assuming there is a next time) given the majorities this is still a disaster for the Union.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Liep

Why's the difference between the counting times so big? From 23.50 to predicted 13.00.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Ed Balls to become the next Portillo, I'd lay money on it.

I've moved back a stage to denial.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Also Nate Silver really needs to stay away from Uk politics. He's exactly the sort of pundit he used to rail against.
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

Miliband to resign, according to BBC sources.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 08, 2015, 03:55:44 AM
Ed Balls

Sounds not so much like a politician, more like one of Yi's nicknames for Ed Anger.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 08, 2015, 03:58:22 AM
Also Nate Silver really needs to stay away from Uk politics. He's exactly the sort of pundit he used to rail against.

Didn't he fail badly the last time he covered them, too?

Maladict

Quote from: celedhring on May 08, 2015, 04:28:10 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on May 08, 2015, 03:58:22 AM

Didn't he fail badly the last time he covered them, too?

Not to mention the mess he made of the World Cup.

jimmy olsen

Tories up to 323 seats, they need 3 more for an outright majority and there are 12 seats left open.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

They've got a majority, Sinn Fein never take their seats.

And yeah last time Nate Silver's was the worst prediction (100+ for the Lib Dems), this time he doubled down on the worst prediction of the night. Every cloud...
Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

Ouch, after last night the Lib Dems could ride to work together in a Prius.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Agelastus

Well, Clegg now follows Farage by resigning his party's leadership. Just Milliband to go for the Hat-Trick.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Legbiter

After seeing Milliband's pic where he fought that sandwich to a hard-won draw, he's seemed like he'd be more at home selling handknitted tea cosies on Etsy.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.