News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

May 2015 UK General Election Campaign.

Started by mongers, January 09, 2015, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 13, 2015, 03:42:01 PM
Two months from the general election. British politics 2015 :lol: :weep: :bleeding:

Is that his home?  :blink:

Is that his wife?  :zipped:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 13, 2015, 04:24:15 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 13, 2015, 03:42:01 PM
Two months from the general election. British politics 2015 :lol: :weep: :bleeding:

Is that his home?  :blink:
That's the 'functional kitchenette' upstairs in his very lovely house:

QuoteIs that his wife?  :zipped:
Yes. Though that's a particularly bad photo of her:
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

She went backpacking in South America with Frances Osborne after university, they are good friends.

The election needs a bit of livening up, perhaps some left-wing policies for benefit British working class Ed?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tyr on March 13, 2015, 01:34:32 PM
Home ownership is gravely overrated.

No cars and no homes. You are a very dreary man.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 13, 2015, 04:36:41 PM
The election needs a bit of livening up, perhaps some left-wing policies for benefit British working class Ed?
On the other hand the less attention or thought it demands the better :lol:

Every time I see my friends in the pub how shit this choice is is a subject that invariably comes up.
Let's bomb Russia!

Agelastus

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 13, 2015, 05:59:21 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 13, 2015, 04:36:41 PM
On the other hand the less attention or thought it demands the better :lol:

Every time I see my friends in the pub how shit this choice is is a subject that invariably comes up.

Yes, even more so than normal it seems that the policies of the major parties are a particularly noxious potpourri of the useful, the useless and the out-of-date.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Richard Hakluyt

My vote is up for grabs, any party that announces "given that the rate of household formation in the UK is 250k per annum we plan to increase housebuilding from 110k a year to 300k a year" will get my vote.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Gups on March 11, 2015, 06:13:53 AM
I really thought that Cameron ducking the debates was very poor political thinking by him and his team and expected a drop of a couple of points in the polls for the Tories. Instead, there's been a pretty clear shirt from a slight Labour lead to a slight Tory one. Shows what I know.

Nevertheless, I'm currently calling it for the Tories- as biggest party rather than with a majority. My prediction:

Tories: 36%
Labour: 32%
UKIP: 13%
Lib Dems: 8%
Greens: 4%

I anticipate SNP support falling away from its current peak but them still dominating, getting 35-40 seats although I must admit there's no good reason to think this.

Just curious, but why doesn't SNP show up in the polling?

Josquius

I note labour in their election pledges says immigrants can't get benefits for two years... Hope they don't do it in the same fashion as the Tories, catching Brits who have been abroad in the cross fire
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on March 13, 2015, 01:44:39 PM

Why?

Granted I agree with Thomas Piketty that owning of assets is far more important than earning of wages as the world economy goes through its current revolution.
Traps you in one place and drastically cuts down on opportunities open to you.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on March 14, 2015, 02:08:50 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 13, 2015, 01:44:39 PM

Why?

Granted I agree with Thomas Piketty that owning of assets is far more important than earning of wages as the world economy goes through its current revolution.
Traps you in one place and drastically cuts down on opportunities open to you.

Nonsense.  You can rent it out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

The functional kitchenette is allegedly for the live-in nanny! :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 15, 2015, 07:04:28 PM

Saving Mr. Miliband
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Agelastus

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 15, 2015, 07:04:28 PM

Oh dear; I don't think an "Upstairs, Downstairs" vibe really helps Milliband here.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."