News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Are you a psychopath?

Started by Caliga, January 04, 2015, 10:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

According to the quiz linked in the thread, are you a psychopath?

No psychopathic tendencies
26 (86.7%)
Moderate to minor psychopathic tendencies
2 (6.7%)
Strong psychopathic tendencies
1 (3.3%)
All work and no play makes Jaron a dull boy
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Syt

6 points, and I've been generous with the "somewhats" when I was in doubt.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 04, 2015, 11:14:33 PM
QuoteCommon Myth: While many people believe that psychopathy is more prevalent among CEOs and Wall Street bankers, this is a myth not supported by any research. While on the surface it may seem that many of the symptoms and traits of psychopathy might lend themselves to positions of greater power, the two are not synonymous.

Now that's some bullshit right there.

Nah, Psychopaths are fuck ups.  The lack of self control and inability to make reasonable plans tends to put them on the bottom rung of society.  Career criminals, junkies, whores, and lots of people in prison that's your psychopaths.  Pscyhopaths are bad people because they they have no choice.  Wall Street bankers are bad people because they consciously chose to be.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

LaCroix

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on January 05, 2015, 02:06:07 AM
Wouldn't a psychopath lie on a test like this?  :hmm:

It depends if he wanted to know whether he was really a psychopath or not.  :hmm:

If you find yourself lying on the anonymous* psychopath online quiz, it might be a sign something is amiss.

*Are we sure? :ph34r:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

I think I was alluding more to the fact that some questions require a degree of critical introspection which I would assume many psychopaths lack. So they would answer untruthfully (even though, I'd agree this would not stricly be lying).

celedhring

8. No psycho.

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on January 05, 2015, 06:06:27 AM
I think I was alluding more to the fact that some questions require a degree of critical introspection which I would assume many psychopaths lack. So they would answer untruthfully (even though, I'd agree this would not stricly be lying).

I wasn't sure what the "lying" part meant.  I lie to people all the time simply to smooth life over, as do most people.  "No, you don't look fat."  "Sorry, I have plans."  "Yeah (cough) I'm sick today."  "Harvard was a great experience, but it wasn't until I completed my master's in economics at Yale that I felt truly capable of handling the complexities of an investment fund."  "The money I owe you's in my jacket pocket, just let me reach in there."  And so forth.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Norgy

I may be a lot of things, but a score of 1 point should dispel any idea that I am a psycho. Empathy FTW.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

crazy canuck

I scored 6, but some of the questions where I answered "this describes me somewhat" could have been "it's not me at all" (for example, when things go wrong, I sometimes panic and point fingers but when I calm down I can take the blame and usually worry and feel guilty about it for weeks after).

Probably not so much a test to detect being a pyschopath as a maturity test.  For example an intellectually mature person responds to problems by asking themselves how they could do better next time rather than trying to find others to blame.

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 05, 2015, 09:07:29 AM
For example an intellectually mature person responds to problems by asking themselves how they could do better next time rather than trying to find others to blame.

Did you just call the whole political establishment intellectually immature? :o
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 05, 2015, 09:07:29 AM

I scored 6, but some of the questions where I answered "this describes me somewhat" could have been "it's not me at all" (for example, when things go wrong, I sometimes panic and point fingers but when I calm down I can take the blame and usually worry and feel guilty about it for weeks after).

Probably not so much a test to detect being a pyschopath as a maturity test.  For example an intellectually mature person responds to problems by asking themselves how they could do better next time rather than trying to find others to blame.

An intellectually mature person internally takes responsibility, and externally casts blame on others when feasible.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)