NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

:D

Seriously, that's a major pet peeve of mine... when fans refer to their teams as "we did this" or "we did that".  Tim, you didn't do shit buddy. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

It is unfortunate the refs cheated the cowboys in Green Bay. A Dallas - New England super bowl would match the 2 biggest douchebag teams in football. The trainwreck value would be amusing. If they could only move the game to Yankee Stadium, they would complete the trilogy of sports douchebaggery and Goodall could retire, knowing his life's work was complete.

#re2pect
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Quote from: alfred russel on January 18, 2015, 09:37:07 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 18, 2015, 09:09:53 PM
Knock out!

The weather is a huge advantage for us.

Wow tim! I thought you were a dumbass cripple! I never knew you were an NFL player made stronger by bad weather conditions!

Also, you are a lot more hardcore than I gave you credit for, considering that hispanic members of the patriots are murderers!

You earned one month's protection from me giving you shit.

Good job.

A
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Tim, this is a sacred place.  No Patriot-cheering allowed.

You know, I'll always respect and appreciate Kubiak, but I hope Manning retires and the Broncos go into a death spiral.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 18, 2015, 09:44:40 PM
You know, I'll always respect and appreciate Kubiak, but I hope Manning retires and the Broncos go into a death spiral.

Just when I had let it all go, and bygones be bygones, John Elway has to come back and keep fucking shit up.

MadBurgerMaker

You can't really blame Kubes for taking that.  Has to be his dream job.

I just hope he doesn't have another stroke from the stress.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 18, 2015, 10:09:20 PM

Sure I can.

QuoteI just hope he doesn't have another stroke from the stress.

That's on him.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 18, 2015, 10:09:20 PM

I just hope he doesn't have another stroke from the stress.
No, I absolutely agree.  I just feel bad for him, since Denver is about to fall to pieces right as he gets into town.  I can't hate Kubiak, but I can hate the Broncos.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Sounds like Kubiak is taking two coaches with him from Ravens.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on January 19, 2015, 12:24:13 AM
Sounds like Kubiak is taking two coaches with him from Ravens.

Yup.  One would've figured that Dennison would rather be his own Offensive Coordinator like the Ravens were prepared to make him, but it appears he'd rather work as an understudy some more.

MadBurgerMaker

Dennison is another Denver guy, so that's not a surprise either.

It would have been interesting if he had stayed and the Broncos had gone after mini-Shanahan instead.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 19, 2015, 12:59:15 AM
It would have been interesting if he had stayed and the Broncos had gone after mini-Shanahan instead.

Son of Shanahan is apparently on his way to Atlanta according to league sources.

QuoteThat means the Ravens will have to find a new offensive coordinator, quarterbacks coach, tight ends coach and secondary coach after Steve Spanguolo was hired last week as the New York Giants defensive coordinator. Ironically, Harbaugh's staff was picked to coach one of the Pro Bowl teams this week because the Broncos' staff was in flux.

And they didn't even go to the Super Bowl.  Once again, the Ravens' cupboard gets raided.  I'm sure it's flattering to the organization, but it's also got to be as annoying as balls to not have any fucking continuity.

QuoteOther names that Harbaugh could consider are ex-Chicago Bears head coach Marc Trestman, :bleeding: former Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase, former Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett and Broncos quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp.

MadBurgerMaker

Cheating!

https://twitter.com/bkravitz/status/557053826415755265

QuoteBreaking: A league source tells me the NFL is investigating the possibility the Patriots deflated footballs Sunday night. More to come.

Bob Kravitz is a reporter out of Indy, btw

jimmy olsen

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how this works, but both teams use balls from the same collection, so it should be easy for both teams shouldn't it?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-investigating-patriots-deflated-footballs-report-article-1.2083559
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 19, 2015, 02:30:43 AM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding how this works, but both teams use balls from the same collection, so it should be easy for both teams shouldn't it?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-investigating-patriots-deflated-footballs-report-article-1.2083559
Each team has their own stock of footballs that their equipment guys have prepared themselves.  There was a few plays, I think during Superbowl XLVII, where the Ravens complained because the refs accidentally had them using a 49er ball, and it was promptly switched.  Every game they're using brand new footballs, and the equipment guys have to get them worn just right to how the quarterback likes them best.

No, the Patriots cheated, again.  They always cheat.