NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 20, 2015, 11:43:33 PM
I didnt think it was possible for someone to sink lower than Timmay. Congratulations.

I don't agree with rooting against Pete Carroll over rooting against the Patriots, but I can understand it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

I am hoping for a New England win just because of all the losers lined up hoping for a Seattle win.  "Deflategate"?  Really?  I love all of these conspiracy theories that do not, in fact, stand up to a moment's reasoned analysis. The one about NE "cheating" in the Baltimore game is one of my favorites; the Baltimore coaches were caught off-guard by the unusual play (as designed), they had plenty of time to substitute while NE huddled, but they didn't know what to do and so lost the opportunity... three times.  In fact, the second time Vereen announced he wasn't eligible, the ref went so far as to remind the confused Ratbird defense "Do not cover number 34."  They covered 34 anyway.

I love the increased whining that ensues when whiners see the team they whine about succeed, so I am a New England fan for the next two weeks or so.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on January 21, 2015, 07:48:11 AM
I love the increased whining that ensues when whiners see the team they whine about succeed, so I am a New England fan for the next two weeks or so.

What's good about this Superbowl is that both teams qualify for this situation.

Root with you hearts as both teams are despicable.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Yeah, I like the Pats better because of this.  Do whatever it takes to win, people.  That's how it works. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

I was on the fence and was tempted to root for New England purely out of AFC solidarity.  But the deflategate thing, regardless of whether it had a real impact on the AFC Championship game, reminded me how much of a cheating sack of shit Belichick is and how his legacy must not be rehabilitated by a post-Spygate Super Bowl win.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on January 21, 2015, 09:56:10 AM
I was on the fence and was tempted to root for New England purely out of AFC solidarity.  But the deflategate thing, regardless of whether it had a real impact on the AFC Championship game, reminded me how much of a cheating sack of shit Belichick is and how his legacy must not be rehabilitated by a post-Spygate Super Bowl win.

How is his legacy going to be rehabilitated when he is caught cheating again?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on January 21, 2015, 10:03:05 AM
How is his legacy going to be rehabilitated when he is caught cheating again?

Good question.  But I'm guessing this most recent incident will be brushed aside and forgotten within a few weeks, whether or not they win the Super Bowl. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I have come to really admire Tom Brady.  First of all six AFC championships is nuts, you have to admire that.  It will be a very long time until that record is broken.  Secondly, he really wants this bad which is impressive because after all he has and has done most of us would lose our edge a bit.  So part of me hopes he wins this one.  It is not his fault his coach is a raging asshole and the tuck rule thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on January 21, 2015, 09:56:10 AM

I'll never forgive him for the uninspiring speech he gave at my high school graduation. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Bengals blocked Vance Joseph from taking the DC job in Denver.  Glad to have him here for another year, but feel kind of bad for him. 

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on January 21, 2015, 01:54:41 PM
Bengals blocked Vance Joseph from taking the DC job in Denver.  Glad to have him here for another year, but feel kind of bad for him.
That's not something you see very often.  It's normally pretty hard to attract top-level folks when you trap them into low-level jobs.

But grumbler being a douchebag in a thread?  All too common.  :(
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on January 21, 2015, 02:20:09 PM
That's not something you see very often.  It's normally pretty hard to attract top-level folks when you trap them into low-level jobs.

They blocked Kevin Coyle (who coincidentally was also the defensive backs coach) from interviewing with the Eagles a few years ago.  Then the next year they let him interview for the Dolphins DC job, which he got.  I'm guessing they will do something similar with Joseph. Just hope they can line up another quality DB coach replacement. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 21, 2015, 01:54:41 PM

That's a dick move.  But that's why they're the Bengals.

jimmy olsen

After the way Belichick and Kraft went all in, I'm pretty convinced in their innocence. That kind of showing just increases the penalty immeasurably if they are proven to have done it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 27, 2015, 09:46:35 PM
After the way Belichick and Kraft went all in, I'm pretty convinced in their innocence. That kind of showing just increases the penalty immeasurably if they are proven to have done it.

It isn't like all they have to do is filibuster for a few more days to avoid any chance of a suspension from the Super Bowl. Oh wait, it is exactly like that.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014