News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Xmas 2014 - The Languish Way.

Started by mongers, December 22, 2014, 06:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

What is she supposed to apologize for Ide?

Caliga

Cal's Loot Thus Far:

silicone five-fingered BBQ gloves
a marinade injector
three bags of peanut M&Ms
a new Gillette Fusion ProGlide
a pair of Allgauer trachten knee socks
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 24, 2014, 09:04:42 PM
What is she supposed to apologize for Ide?

Ugh, fine.

I needed to talk about my suicidal feelings with someone who wasn't you scumbags and definitely wasn't my parents, and naturally my mind went to my closest blood relative, my sister, whom I know also deals with (sharply less severe) versions of what ails me and ailed our mother.  As soon as I brought it up in our conversation, she closed up shop and about a month later, I got a rote happy birthday message.

In addition to that, I've always felt envious toward her greater luck in life.  This includes better decisions on one hand, and straight-up better outcomes to the same class of youthful mistakes, on the other, so it's not all sour grapes--for example, I got a DUI when I was 16 and had my license pulled and a crime put on my record, whilst when my sister was 16 she got busted for possession of pot, and got PTI.  And it goes on.  My sister quit her job in January '14 to "go find herself," and actually did, in California, with a new gig and little the worse for wear financially.  She owns a house, a nice automobile.  She's even got a lower BMI.

And she knows she's won, and I've lost, and she rubs it on, all the time.  She makes me feel stupid and ashamed and I've never liked it, and I'm done with it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

That sucks. :(  I'm grateful for my close relationship with my brother, but it seems like your relationship with your sister is the more common kind of sibling relationship.

lustindarkness

First Alabama family party was nice,  I got a cool Vader Christmas shirt out of the Dirty Santa. Now we are at the Rican party, this place is LOUD!  And these Drunk Ricans really think I will sing parandas with them?  :nelson: Anyway,  Merry Christmas you fucks.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 24, 2014, 09:21:27 PM
Now we are at the Rican party, this place is LOUD! 
Sorry, that's just not believable. :sleep:

Ideologue

Cal:  Well, it would suck a lot less if I didn't get static from my parents about it.  Like I said, I made a special effort to go seem them this past weekend--I would not have done that if I didn't plan on missing Xmas.  I've also resolved to see my dad more often, since I think he misses me, and he is getting kind of old (64).

My sister will be around for ages, so if I feel like making amends later, when I don't feel like her existence is a mockery of mine, then that's great.

And if she isn't around?  Then my dad as her heir at law gets all her stuff, which I expect he will amend his will in a special devise for me to eventually inherit.  It's win-win.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

I'm glad you and your bro get along though. :hug:

I thought you had a sister for some reason. :unsure:

I know CDM does.  I'd think that dude would have a little more understanding. <_<
Kinemalogue

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on December 24, 2014, 09:26:37 PM
I'm glad you and your bro get along though. :hug:

I thought you had a sister for some reason. :unsure:

I know CDM does.  I'd think that dude would have a little more understanding. <_<
I had a sister, but she died.  I guess that could be part of the reason my brother and I are so close. :hmm:

Ideologue

I'd like to withdraw the last part of my previous post.  I'm sorry, Cal.
Kinemalogue

Caliga

It's ok dude, she died a long time ago. :hug:

HVC

If your sister has a history of suicidal thoughts she might have just shut down the conversation because she's uncomfortable discussing the topic so as to not dredge up her own bad memories.

As for the rest, I have no siblings so I have no point of reference, but I'm sorry it's causing strife in your life.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

I get you. Similar relations with some of my siblings. As you say, life's too short.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: HVC on December 24, 2014, 09:45:01 PM
If your sister has a history of suicidal thoughts she might have just shut down the conversation because she's uncomfortable discussing the topic so as to not dredge up her own bad memories.

As for the rest, I have no siblings so I have no point of reference, but I'm sorry it's causing strife in your life.

Well, I am not privy to anything that serious.  I just mean episodes where she's been sad.  I'm not convinced she has any genuine biochemical depression (then again, I'm not convinced I have genuine biochemical depression).

I dunno, maybe it reminded her of our mom.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 24, 2014, 09:46:09 PM
I get you. Similar relations with some of my siblings. As you say, life's too short.

:hug:
Kinemalogue