NFL Week 16: I saw Commish Goodell kissing Santa Claus, and then lying about it

Started by CountDeMoney, December 20, 2014, 05:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Pats O-line played terrible and/or the Jets D-line played great. Not sure which, but that was a shit show on offense. Edelman being out certainly didn't help, though Amendola stepped up. Gutted out a win in the end though.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Watching Warren Moon as a local analyst for the Seahawks...unlike a lot of former players, he looks like he is still in amazing shape.

derspiess

So the Bungles get to finish the season with back to back prime time games.  Super.  On the other hand, I guess it's a couple good opportunities to exorcise the prime time curse, and if they lose both games they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I noticed people setting up tailgates on my way in to work this morning.  Another game I'll glad not to be watching from the stands.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 22, 2014, 12:17:52 AM
Watching Warren Moon as a local analyst for the Seahawks...unlike a lot of former players, he looks like he is still in amazing shape.

He just totally embraced his West Coast roots after he was Mr Houston for so long.  But I guess UW gave him his big break.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Tough games, man.  Unfortunately, the Bengals can't stop the NFL Properties agenda.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on December 22, 2014, 10:04:26 AM

He just totally embraced his West Coast roots after he was Mr Houston for so long.  But I guess UW gave him his big break.

Most former NFL players I run across seem to stay in good shape.  Ickey Woods being the notable exception, of course.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 22, 2014, 10:34:09 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 22, 2014, 10:04:26 AM

Most former NFL players I run across seem to stay in good shape.  Ickey Woods being the notable exception, of course.

Well you run across more than most of us.  The thing that always amazes me is seeing the former offensive linemen shrink to normal sized people.  Dan Neil is a local personality from the Broncos Super Bowl teams, and his Super Bowl rings could fit about three of his fingers now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on December 22, 2014, 10:37:36 AM
Well you run across more than most of us.

Well, I guess I'm including those I see on the teevee.

QuoteThe thing that always amazes me is seeing the former offensive linemen shrink to normal sized people.  Dan Neil is a local personality from the Broncos Super Bowl teams, and his Super Bowl rings could fit about three of his fingers now.

Anthony Munoz stays in good shape.  The Bengals radio color guy Dave Lapham (played Guard for the Bengals in the 70s/80s and then finished out his career with the New Jersey Generals-- lol) isn't in great of shape but he seems healthy enough.  He's kind of our local version of John Madden-- but with more screaming when there's a big play.

For some reason, I think offensive lineman get back in better shape after retirement than defensive lineman.

Valmy

They are probably anxious to stop carrying around the 100 or so extra pounds they had to as players.

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 22, 2014, 10:49:56 AM
I heard Munoz referred to as the dirtiest player in football.

Boomer Esiason had to be protected at all costs!

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 22, 2014, 10:49:56 AM
I heard Munoz referred to as the dirtiest player in football.

Not possible.  He's a devout Christian.

Plus it's not cheating if you get away with it!!

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Fairly in-depth and mostly accurate article on the Surface 2 that we've been using on the sideline this year: http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/19/how-the-nfl-makes-use-of-surface-pro-2/

And what seems to basically be a Microsoft commercial: http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/22/seahawks-qb-russell-wilson-interview/