News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most famous brand per U.S. state

Started by Syt, December 19, 2014, 08:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2014, 12:01:11 PM
I've never heard of Zappos, Cabela's and Garmins.

Before: for shame.

Cabela's...really?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

On the subject of Polish brands, the only one I know it's Lech, and that's because of Lech Poznan.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 10:09:31 AM
Which of these do you guys recognise (if any)?

Żubrówka and Lech, for the same reason as celedhring.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 19, 2014, 12:04:17 PM
Think bass pro shops or gander mountain.

Bass pro shops I've heard of, not gander mountain.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

It's a massive outdoor sports store. I just bought an inflatable boat there. And a bunch of ammo.

Quote from: PDH on December 19, 2014, 10:03:15 AM
Taco Johns, the pride of Wyoming!

Fried tacos and tater tots. So Mexican.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 11:53:11 AM
Really? That's cool. I knew that Tyskie had a large international campaign but didn't know about Zywiec and Lech.

Zywiec has been available here for a while and is well thought of among beer geeks who drink imported beer.  Their lager is well-made and the porter is outstanding.  I believe I've had Lech but wasn't too fond of it as it was a bit skunky due to the green bottle.  We also get Okocim.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 19, 2014, 12:45:46 PM
It's a massive outdoor sports store. I just bought an inflatable boat there. And a bunch of ammo.

Quote from: PDH on December 19, 2014, 10:03:15 AM
Taco Johns, the pride of Wyoming!

Fried tacos and tater tots. So Mexican.  :lol:

I ate at one of those in Sioux City, Iowa.  Food wasn't bad and was dirt cheap IIRC.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2014, 12:37:23 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2014, 12:03:33 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 19, 2014, 12:02:21 PM
Cabela's...really?

Really.  What do they do?

:huh:

Doesn't look like great market penetration - I wouldn't know about it except that it was mentioned here.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

The place is a tater tot paradise if you like that. Tater tot burrito:

Tater tot nachos.

They like their tater tots.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PDH

Those aren't tater tots, those are Potato Olés!   :ultra:
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

:hmm: Not sure I want to drink vodka with "solwent" in its name.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: PDH on December 19, 2014, 01:02:22 PM
Those aren't tater tots, those are Potato Olés!   :ultra:

That sounds so much more authentic.  :)