News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most famous brand per U.S. state

Started by Syt, December 19, 2014, 08:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 19, 2014, 03:26:16 PM
Granted, most of Maryland's biggest organizations are government, medical or financial, but because it's only a few blocks north of the DC line on Connecticut Avenue, they label the whole state with it?  That's the corporate brand?  What, nobody's ever heard of Black & Decker? Under Armour? Purdue?  Marriott?

Pfft, weak.

GEICO commercials air once every 8 seconds.  So lighten up Francis.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 19, 2014, 03:24:15 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 19, 2014, 03:07:28 PM
Only vodka I really like is Zubrowka :mmm:

Yeah, that's quite a delicacy.  I was introduced to it, on the one hand, as some exciting contraband like absinthe, since bison grass wasn't an approved ingredient in the US; but on the other hand, as a spirit best served in a plastic tumbler with ice cubes and a ton of generic apple juice. :huh:
It's like liquid strudel :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Granted, most of Maryland's biggest organizations are government, medical or financial, but because it's only a few blocks north of the DC line on Connecticut Avenue, they label the whole state with it? 

Whereas the university that bears the state's name is so deep in the middle of the state :P

edit: Plus Flo and all that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2014, 03:31:04 PM
Whereas the university that bears the state's name is so deep in the middle of the state :P

edit: Plus Flo and all that.

Yeah, that sucks ass, too. 

What's Flo?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2014, 03:28:36 PM
Granted, most of Maryland's biggest organizations are government, medical or financial, but because it's only a few blocks north of the DC line on Connecticut Avenue, they label the whole state with it?  That's the corporate brand?  What, nobody's ever heard of Black & Decker? Under Armour? Purdue?  Marriott?

Pfft, weak.

GEICO commercials air once every 8 seconds.  So lighten up Francis.

So are USAA insurance commercials, yet Texas isn't smeared with it when they see them.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 19, 2014, 03:35:09 PM
So are USAA insurance commercials, yet Texas isn't smeared with it when they see them.

USAA is conducting an ad campaign at the moment.

GEICO never has down time.  They never let up.  They are always on.  They never sleep.  They just keep going and going.  And then when you think they can't do another one, there it is.  They're an infinite loop.  A loop without end.  One with no foreseeable termination.  After humans go extinct all that will be left are cockroaches and lizards with English accents.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 10:09:31 AM
Which of these do you guys recognise (if any)?

4,7, 9 and 12.

The vodka is pretty special, the beers less so but they are sold in my local corner shops, Tyskie is the best of the three IMO.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2014, 03:38:40 PM
GEICO never has down time.  They never let up.  They are always on.  They never sleep.  They just keep going and going.  And then when you think they can't do another one, there it is.  They're an infinite loop.  A loop without end.  One with no foreseeable termination.  After humans go extinct all that will be left are cockroaches and lizards with English accents.

I wish DirecTV were here.  They have better commercials.  Super Creepy Rob Lowe. :(

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 19, 2014, 03:43:51 PM
I wish DirecTV were here.  They have better commercials.  Super Creepy Rob Lowe. :(

Super Creepy Rob Lowe was great, because it's Rob Lowe.  Arm Curtain Rob Lowe and Skinny Arms Rob Lowe don't make any sense.

MadImmortalMan

These seem to be what an ad agency would consider "top brands" in a branding sense and an "I wish they were my client" sense. They aren't necessarily the biggest companies with the most cash or whatever. Otherwise, Ohio would be P&G and Texas would be Exxon.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I would have thought that Microsoft is a bigger and more famous brand then Starbucks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2014, 03:45:46 PM
Super Creepy Rob Lowe was great, because it's Rob Lowe. 

I was at a bar somewhere recently when that commercial was on.  One young lady near me said to another that she's still f*ck Super Creepy Rob Lowe, I guess for pretty much the same reason.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on December 19, 2014, 03:53:47 PM
I would have thought that Microsoft is a bigger and more famous brand then Starbucks.

Starbucks is a preferred brand of Apple users, so they're leveraging both consumer demos.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 19, 2014, 03:59:17 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 19, 2014, 03:53:47 PM

Starbucks is a preferred brand of Apple users, so they're leveraging both consumer demos.

Yeah like I said, it's about branding. MSFT has like seven times the market cap of SBUX too.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers