3 (6.3%)
I'm from outside of North America and that's normal speech, blackie
5 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Siege

"Sergeant, can I ask you where are you from?"
"No, you can't. Why do you ask? Are you some kind of racist?"
"Sergeant, I'm black..."
"I don't care. Black people can be racist too. Do you belong to the Klu Kuz Klang?"
"Sergeant, the Ku Klux Klan are white racist people..."
"How do you know? Have you been to their meetings? Do you read their literature? Are you a member?"
"Ah...no Sergeant. Ah...I'm sorry I asked, Sergeant."

Five minutes later:

"Sergeant Siege, stop fucking with the new privates dammit!!111"
"Roger First Sergeant."
"Don't you have enough EO complaints against you?!!"
"Yes First Sergeant. Won't do it again."
"Don't fuck with me Siege, I know you can't shut your damn mouth! One of these days I'm gonna staple it!"
"Yes First Sergeant."

Five days later, new Soldier arrives:
"Sorry Sergeant, can I ask you where is your accent from?"

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Capetan Mihali

There was a period in my life, maybe 17 to 23, when I was awkwardly asked whether I was part black, by maybe 5 or 6 different people I didn't know well.

The most subtle was the ~45 year old black woman with whom I DIALED FOR DOLLAR$ at catty-corner telemarketing set-ups.  On break, we were chatting and she mentioned that her granddaughter was "mixed," which gave her interesting hair.  Actually, I have interesting hair, too -- am I by any chance Sicilian?  No?  Do I happen to be mixed as well?

The least subtle was a slightly drunk NYU undergrad girl.  She marched up to me early in the night at a party and got straight to the point: "What race are you?" 
I said: "White." 
She said:  "Like, *all* white?"
I: "Mm-hmm."
She:  "You aren't even a little bit black ?" 
I:  "No, I'm just white."
She:  "Really?"  And then wandered off, unconvinced, to get a drink or powder her nose or something...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Siege

You should have said part black and hit that shit.

Admiral Yi

Mihalia, didn't you say one time that you had Mexican family you were thinking about visiting?

CountDeMoney

Siegy is Epstein from Welcome Back, Kotter.

Eddie Teach

You should have heard the tongue-lashing First Sergeant gave him when he tried to get out of drill with a note from his mother.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 16, 2014, 09:36:05 PM
Mihalia, didn't you say one time that you had Mexican family you were thinking about visiting?

Yeah, I have extensive family in Mexico, but I've only met one great-uncle and a couple of his kids when they came to the States to visit.  My grandfather knew them better.  I don't have any Mexican heritage though.  In 1900 or whatever, one brother took the boat from Poland to NYC; the other took the boat to Veracruz.  The first one is my great-grandfather.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Admiral Yi

Capetan Mihali

Siege