News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Islamic Terrorists Take Hostages in Sydney

Started by jimmy olsen, December 14, 2014, 11:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on December 16, 2014, 08:00:15 AM
I find it a sad testimony to modern media that the killer is given long bios while noone mentions two of the victims (the shop owner and one barrista) who apparently tried to stop him and were shot.

Says the guy that sees moral equivalency in prenatal birth defects and kicking an infant in the head.  :lol:  Save the faux indignation bullshit for people who'll buy it.

Oh wait, the manager was gay.  That explains the indignation.  Rawr, Pink Nation.

QuoteI find it a sad testimony to Languish that this has been derailed into a thread about Uber. But then it is Jacob and garbon so to them uber is clearly more evil than fundamentalist Islam.

Have a Junior Mint. They're very refreshing.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 16, 2014, 08:51:20 AM
Says the guy that sees moral equivalency in prenatal birth defects and kicking an infant in the head.  :lol:  Save the faux indignation bullshit for people who'll buy it.

Oh wait, the manager was gay.  That explains the indignation.  Rawr, Pink Nation.

Fuck you and your mad google skills. :P

garbon

I find it a sad testimony to Languish that this has been derailed into a thread about Uber. But then it is Jacob and garbon so to them uber is clearly more evil than fundamentalist Islam.

What is there to say about fundamentalist Islam that hasn't been said many times over since 2003?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 16, 2014, 12:12:58 AM
Predatory pricing model.  For Pete's sake.

What's your objection to that description?

Jacob

I find it a sad testimony to modern media that the killer is given long bios while noone mentions two of the victims (the shop owner and one barrista) who apparently tried to stop him and were shot.

Yeah, it's a pity.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2014, 11:46:43 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 16, 2014, 12:12:58 AM
Predatory pricing model.  For Pete's sake.

What's your objection to that description?

You're missing the point of surge pricing, Jacob;  it's not about the customers, it's about the drivers.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on December 16, 2014, 10:07:13 AM
What can we do more than call for the destruction of Islam?

Actually start to heed the call?

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 16, 2014, 11:48:55 AM
You're missing the point of surge pricing, Jacob;  it's not about the customers, it's about the drivers.

Sure.

And the customers will perceive it as being predatory towards them. Thus PR problem.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on December 15, 2014, 11:38:17 PM
There are plenty of good people there as well, but my impression from my exposure (some) and reading (more) is that they're facing a bunch of the same issues that any demographically narrow highly focused group of people will have when they get plenty of validation and little negative feedback from anyone who can actually touch them. Lots of issue around sexism, unexamined racism, age- and class- issues, and just general lifestyle assumptions. It seems Uber is exemplifying a bunch of them recently.

:bleeding:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on December 16, 2014, 12:27:21 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 15, 2014, 11:38:17 PM
There are plenty of good people there as well, but my impression from my exposure (some) and reading (more) is that they're facing a bunch of the same issues that any demographically narrow highly focused group of people will have when they get plenty of validation and little negative feedback from anyone who can actually touch them. Lots of issue around sexism, unexamined racism, age- and class- issues, and just general lifestyle assumptions. It seems Uber is exemplifying a bunch of them recently.

:bleeding:

:lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 16, 2014, 12:58:42 PM
Nah, you're right.  In fact, all problems are probably due to a lack of diversity.

No diverse communities could do evil!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on December 16, 2014, 12:58:42 PM
Nah, you're right.  In fact, all problems are probably due to a lack of diversity.

I think you missed my point entirely.