Islamic Terrorists Take Hostages in Sydney

Started by jimmy olsen, December 14, 2014, 11:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2014, 02:39:30 PM
Quote from: Viking on December 16, 2014, 02:13:10 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2014, 09:43:48 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 16, 2014, 08:00:15 AM
I find it a sad testimony to Languish that this has been derailed into a thread about Uber. But then it is Jacob and garbon so to them uber is clearly more evil than fundamentalist Islam.

What is there to say about fundamentalist Islam that hasn't been said many times over since 2003?

Dunno, have you started listening yet?

To you? Definitely not.

So, apparently it needs saying a few more times.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Drakken

Quote from: sbr on December 16, 2014, 08:10:14 PM
Every country needs their own 9/11.  How else do you get terrible laws passed and justify horrible acts?

Australia already got one, it's called the Port Arthur Massacre.

Jacob

Quote from: Viking on December 16, 2014, 09:10:52 PMSo, apparently it needs saying a few more times.

Repeating idiotic statements does not make them any more persuasive, as I'm sure you'd agree.

Monoriu

Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2014, 11:15:12 PM
Quote from: Viking on December 16, 2014, 09:10:52 PMSo, apparently it needs saying a few more times.

Repeating idiotic statements does not make them any more persuasive, as I'm sure you'd agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lie

QuoteThe phrase was also used in a report prepared during the war by the United States Office of Strategic Services in describing Hitler's psychological profile:[5][6]

His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.[7]

Siege

Where is Natalia Romanova when you need Her.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

Quote from: Viking on December 16, 2014, 09:10:52 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2014, 02:39:30 PM
Quote from: Viking on December 16, 2014, 02:13:10 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2014, 09:43:48 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 16, 2014, 08:00:15 AM
I find it a sad testimony to Languish that this has been derailed into a thread about Uber. But then it is Jacob and garbon so to them uber is clearly more evil than fundamentalist Islam.

What is there to say about fundamentalist Islam that hasn't been said many times over since 2003?

Dunno, have you started listening yet?

To you? Definitely not.

So, apparently it needs saying a few more times.

Nope. As Jake's post suggest, I tune you out completely on said topics. You aren't capable of an intelligent thought on them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Viking has some interesting things to say and clearly is knowledgeable on the subject, he is just so dogmatic and sure of himself it is not worth it to engage him.  Sort of like Hansy is/was on political issues.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on December 17, 2014, 12:10:57 AM
Viking has some interesting things to say and clearly is knowledgeable on the subject, he is just so dogmatic and sure of himself it is not worth it to engage him.  Sort of like Hansy is/was on political issues.

I'd add that both are selectively knowledgeable on their subjects. They only keep facts that agree with their viewpoints.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2014, 12:16:01 AM

I'd add that both are selectively knowledgeable on their subjects. They only keep facts that agree with their viewpoints.

From the links he shows us, and the jargon he uses it's pretty clear where he gets his information.  He often quotes to us documents he's never clearly never read because the websites and books he reads tell him that using these quotes makes his case.  When called on it, he just keeps saying the same thing over and over.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 16, 2014, 08:39:29 PM
Tim's posts are my 9/11

Well, they are what's needed to get majority behind waterboarding Tim. :hmm:

Martinus

Speaking of a potential Polish 9/11, I walk to work and my firm is located in a relatively small office building in a university/residential area.

Now, if there was a 9/11 style attack in Warsaw, it would almost certainly be at two towers close by in the downtown. They house 90% of Polish offices of international law firms.  :hmm:

Viking

I am of the opinion that the followers of a religion which has god literally commanding the believers to attack the infidels and disbelievers will from time to time, especially in times of great stress, produce people who attack infidels and disbelievers primarily for the reason that they were commanded to by god.

I do not think any of you know what the word dogmatic means. I literally do not have any dogma to follow. Disagreeing with you on an issue, not matter how vociferously, does not make me dogmatic. It's just another pathetic attempt to dismiss me without dealing with my arguments.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Yeah, "dogmatic" means holding views that are being held without a proof and are considered axioms (while they are not universally accepted by everyone involved in the discussion). I don't think viking is holding such views.

In fact, if there was a dogmatic argument in this discussion, I would say it is the unshaken belief of some that tenets of the religion one professes have no influence on one's personal attitudes and actions.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2014, 05:09:14 AM
Yeah, "dogmatic" means holding views that are being held without a proof and are considered axioms (while they are not universally accepted by everyone involved in the discussion). I don't think viking is holding such views.

In fact, if there was a dogmatic argument in this discussion, I would say it is the unshaken belief of some that tenets of the religion one professes have no influence on one's personal attitudes and actions.

Fortunately nobody has argued that.  "Religion is bad" is a dogmatic idea.  I would say that Viking holds to that idea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2014, 05:09:14 AM

Who in this discussion believes that?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!