News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Islamic Terrorists Take Hostages in Sydney

Started by jimmy olsen, December 14, 2014, 11:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

These terrorists are clearly not islamic. There is nothing in Qu'ran about taking hostages in coffee shops. Implying their actions have anything to do with Islam is offensive and racist.

Brazen

From the latest BBC updates:

Police have stormed the cafe where the gunman has been holding a number of people hostage, AP and Reuters news agencies say.

Police say they believe the man who seized hostages is Man Haron Monis - an Iranian-born cleric who has been granted asylum in Australia.
He is well known to the Australian police. The cleric is currently on bail for being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife and is facing more than 40 sexual and indecent assault charges. Man Haron Monis is currently on bail for a string of violent offences and has a conviction for sending offensive letters to the families of deceased Australian soldiers.

Sounds like a real charmer  <_<

Richard Hakluyt

Hopefully he has been shot dead and won't be troubling us any longer.

Brazen

Looks like it's over. There are reports the gunman was shot dead in an exchange of fire in which police and hostages were injured.

Brazen

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on December 15, 2014, 10:40:55 AM
There are reports the gunman was shot dead

So much for "asylum" then.

AUSTRALIA LIED
ASYLUM SEEKER DIED

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on December 15, 2014, 05:54:31 AM
A former co-worker of mine now works in a building directly across the street from where that chocolate shop is and we were talking about it in realtime last night via Facebook while it was unfolding... they evacuated his building.  Gave me 9/11 flashbacks of having to evacuate Boston.

That must have been an interesting FB conversation, and alarming.

Darth Wagtaros

Sounds like the decision to give him asylum and then let him out on bail while he is a proven dirtbag may have been a bad one. 
PDH!

Viking

Quote from: Brazen on December 15, 2014, 10:35:43 AM
From the latest BBC updates:

Police have stormed the cafe where the gunman has been holding a number of people hostage, AP and Reuters news agencies say.

Police say they believe the man who seized hostages is Man Haron Monis - an Iranian-born cleric who has been granted asylum in Australia.
He is well known to the Australian police. The cleric is currently on bail for being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife and is facing more than 40 sexual and indecent assault charges. Man Haron Monis is currently on bail for a string of violent offences and has a conviction for sending offensive letters to the families of deceased Australian soldiers.

Sounds like a real charmer  <_<

How the hell did he get convicted of being obnoxious by mail but not for murder, sexual assault and indecent assault?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on December 15, 2014, 10:46:21 AM
That must have been an interesting FB conversation, and alarming.
Not to mention monstrous.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Viking on December 15, 2014, 12:32:26 PM
How the hell did he get convicted of being obnoxious by mail but not for murder, sexual assault and indecent assault?

Well the article blurb suggests that he was currently facing those other charges...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Quote from: garbon on December 15, 2014, 01:37:55 PM
Quote from: Viking on December 15, 2014, 12:32:26 PM

Well the article blurb suggests that he was currently facing those other charges...

He's a Muslim, he should be immediately convicted upon being accused.

Legbiter

One of the Islamoid's demands was to have the flag of Islamic State delivered to the cafe. An Iranian supporting ISIS? :wacko:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Legbiter on December 15, 2014, 03:07:24 PM
One of the Islamoid's demands was to have the flag of Islamic State delivered to the cafe. An Iranian supporting ISIS? :wacko:
Maybe he's Sunni.
PDH!

Legbiter

Has to be, ISIS is fond of beheading Shias.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.