News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CIA Report

Started by Sheilbh, December 08, 2014, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 08, 2014, 04:09:49 PM
Were panties and menstrual blood involved with these techniques?  Or did they demean them by having a girl laugh at their small peepees?

I don't think the KGB ever used such vile and cruel mechanics.  They pretty much just beat you until you died.  Much more humane.

Zanza

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2014, 04:15:09 PM
I don't think the KGB ever used such vile and cruel mechanics.  They pretty much just beat you until you died.  Much more humane.
Is your argument really "someone else did worse"?  :huh: Why the KGB and not the NKVD then?

Zanza

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2014, 04:11:28 PM
I know precisely what it did to the perception of America in the world:  it took it to 11.  We've been doing this shit since the 50's, pal.  You can hate us only so much more.
If that was true, your embassies around the world wouldn't have to brace for the reception of this latest report.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on December 08, 2014, 04:18:23 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2014, 04:11:28 PM
I know precisely what it did to the perception of America in the world:  it took it to 11.  We've been doing this shit since the 50's, pal.  You can hate us only so much more.
If that was true, your embassies around the world wouldn't have to brace for the reception of this latest report.

They'd have to brace for announcing the finalist for America's Got Talent, for fuck's sake.  They're US embassies: every dirt farmer's favorite target for imaginary Zionist conspiracies.

derspiess

Stasi liked to pull your head back and hold it in position, puncture your sinus with a needle, and let the blood drip down into your stomach until it was completely full.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 08, 2014, 04:28:54 PM

Stasi liked to pull your head back and hold it in position, puncture your sinus with a needle, and let the blood drip down into your stomach until it was completely full.

Germans:  Quality is Job #1

Zanza

By all means, continue to deceive yourself then. If you want to belittle this, there is no reason to talk about it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on December 08, 2014, 04:30:12 PM
By all means, continue to deceive yourself then. If you want to belittle this, there is no reason to talk about it.

Holier-than-thou sanctimonious preachiness from European balls of light?  We've been reading from that script for years.  Has the same ending.  Very predictable.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Zanza on December 08, 2014, 04:40:46 PM
We've been reading from that script for years. Has the same ending.

Yes the details are made public and the rules are changed.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on December 08, 2014, 04:40:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2014, 04:36:55 PM
Quote from: Zanza on December 08, 2014, 04:30:12 PM

Holier-than-thou sanctimonious preachiness from European balls of light?  We've been reading from that script for years.  Has the same ending.  Very predictable.
American assclowns not admitting that their government policy was wrong but instead jerking off to torture techniques? We've been reading from that script for years. Has the same ending. Very predictable.

See, like Frunk, you can't just do grumbler.  It's an art.

And what the CIA does on behalf of the American people makes it responsible to the American people, not to you.

frunk

Zanza

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2014, 04:43:36 PM
See, like Frunk, you can't just do grumbler.  It's an art.
I wouldn't want to, which is why I figured it is time to leave this thread and deleted my post after coming to that conclusion. Not fast enough obviously.

QuoteAnd what the CIA does on behalf of the American people makes it responsible to the American people, not to you.
Of course. But the American government conducts foreign policy with the rest of the world and what the CIA does has an effect on that. Pretending that it is just a domestic issue is like the infantile notion that shutting your eyes means the rest of the world can't see you anymore. The concern voiced in the article is not that the American people will be upset by this new report, but that foreigners will be upset. So clearly the writer of the article and the various politicians quoted therein acknowledge that it is not just American business. Which was my whole point.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on December 08, 2014, 05:04:25 PM
Of course. But the American government conducts foreign policy with the rest of the world and what the CIA does has an effect on that. Pretending that it is just a domestic issue is like the infantile notion that shutting your eyes means the rest of the world can't see you anymore. The concern voiced in the article is not that the American people will be upset by this new report, but that foreigners will be upset. So clearly the writer of the article and the various politicians quoted therein acknowledge that it is not just American business. Which was my whole point.

I wonder what impact this report will have on the rest of the Five Eyes.

lustindarkness

So wearing panties as a mask is torture? I thought the torture part was the tickling and teasing while handcuffed to the bed.  :ph34r:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Zanza

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 08, 2014, 05:08:24 PM
I wonder what impact this report will have on the rest of the Five Eyes.
I doubt we'll see many burning New Zealand flags in the streets of the Arab world.  :P

Is this even related to Five Eyes? My impression is that various European governments (e.g. Poland as quoted above, allegedly some German units in Afghanistan - our intelligence service are sadly not as forthcoming as the CIA with public information :() helped with this, but I haven't heard about Canada, New Zealand or Australia having a role in this.