U.S. Turkey Day/Thankgsgiving/Pre-Black-Friday-Dinner

Started by Syt, November 25, 2014, 02:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Awesome meal this year.  Had tons of yummy turkey and a great Thanksgiving nap.  It's the greatest Holiday of the year :wub:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I took the family to Applebee's. Fuck the turkey crap this year.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

LaCroix

what dinner?

bought an ipad air 2 for the girlfriend, and she got me the PS4 bundle. happy black friday!

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 27, 2014, 08:32:40 PM
Stop hating America, you goddamn commie pinko.  FUCK.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Here's what I ended up having:

turkey with gravy
dressing
broccoli casserole
sweet tater casserole
rolls
cranberry nut salad
pecan pie
pumpkin pie
apple pie

We went over to my father in law's place later and had more pecan pie and cookies. :blush:

Caliga

For some reason, Princesca sat at another table today and I sat with her cousin's wife.  She's lost a good bit of weight since I last saw her but her tits are still huge.  Wouldn't mind taking her to pound town. :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on November 27, 2014, 07:46:57 PM
Thanksgiving dinner was a disaster.  Turkey inedible. :(

My sister, who normally cooks a fantastic bird every year, had a real downer this year.  I don't know what it was;  it looked as gorgeous a bird you would ever see, but you could tell the meat was different--it seemed to be all dark meat, like it was terribly fatty, almost like duck.  She normally goes with Butterball, but this year it was a Wegmans turkey, and it was terribly disappointing.  I'm wondering if she grabbed the wrong type, like a gluten-free turkey or one of those fruity ass soy/organic/no hormones/Euro-friendly/Birkenstock turkeys.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2014, 09:14:34 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 27, 2014, 08:32:40 PM
Stop hating America, you goddamn commie pinko.  FUCK.

Eat me, tit boy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Turkey sucked at my dinner, but it always does so at least I was prepared for it.  When I host Thanksgiving dinner the turkey gets smoked. :cool:

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 27, 2014, 09:26:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 27, 2014, 07:46:57 PM
Thanksgiving dinner was a disaster.  Turkey inedible. :(

My sister, who normally cooks a fantastic bird every year, had a real downer this year.  I don't know what it was;  it looked as gorgeous a bird you would ever see, but you could tell the meat was different--it seemed to be all dark meat, like it was terribly fatty, almost like duck.  She normally goes with Butterball, but this year it was a Wegmans turkey, and it was terribly disappointing.  I'm wondering if she grabbed the wrong type, like a gluten-free turkey or one of those fruity ass soy/organic/no hormones/Euro-friendly/Birkenstock turkeys.

Our oven seems to to no longer be working correctly so it came out raw.  My dad, being oblivious to this cut it up anyway. Nobody would eat turkey with blood in it, so my we tried to put it in again, but all that did was burn it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

And, since my sis was borrowing my parents' Tahoe and the roads were too slippery/icy from last night's snow/rain to comfortably drive the Duracell, we took my Jeep.

Watching my mother getting in and out of the Jeep took longer than Neil Armstrong getting in and out of the lunar module, and with less grace.