11/30 1:00 ET    At St. Louis    -7    Oakland
11/30 1:00 ET    At Pittsburgh    -4.5    New Orleans
11/30 1:00 ET    At Minnesota    -2.5    Carolina
11/30 4:05 ET    Arizona    -2.5    At Atlanta
11/30 4:25 ET    At Green Bay    -3    New England
11/30 8:30 ET    Denver    -2    At Kansas City

Monday Night Football Point Spread

12/1 8:30 ET    Miami    -7    At NY Jets

Chicago was ahead for a bit, but then Detroit decided to blow the doors off. 

Luckily for the Lions they're at home;  their road record is so shitty, even the Christians would win.  TRY THE VEAL

Neil

I would say that the Bears got Cutlered, but when you rush seven times all game for a total of 14 yards, your QB isn't your biggest problem.  7 rushes vs 48 passes is a problem.  Especially since you were either leading or close for most of the game.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

I'm not sure who's more annoying in this game.  Is it the always irritating Cowboys, or is it the Chip Kelly Eagles, with an extra dose of Sanchise?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tonitrus

What is better is that the feast was right on top of the 49ers logo.  :)

OttoVonBismarck

Looks like Ray Rice is allowed to come back, if a team will have him.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 29, 2014, 10:36:42 AM

The arbitrator's ruling makes the Commissioner's Office look even more suspect than before.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2014, 12:25:59 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 29, 2014, 10:36:42 AM

The arbitrator's ruling makes the Commissioner's Office look even more suspect than before.

Without saying the exact words the arbitrator said Goddell lied about what happened at the first interview.  Nobody will care though.

OttoVonBismarck

Yeah, it was never appropriate for:

a) Rice to be retroactively punished by the new domestic violence standard (which was supposed to be six games)

b) Rice to be retroactively punished even worse than the new standard (indefinite suspension versus six games)

c) Rice to be given the standard (two game) suspension after openly saying he punched his wife, then the punishment increased when a video comes out showing him do exactly what he said he did

I mean I'm not a lenient guy on domestic violence, but there are levels of domestic violence. Anger management does in fact have a track record of working for some guys, and to be honest Janay Rice needed some classes of her own, she was not a wholly innocent bystander to random violence from Ray. This is a relatively minor misdemeanor, if you look through the database of arrested football players that two game suspension was very common for incidents like this. I understand Goodell has leeway on how he acts but he needs to act consistently. I'd be fine with the new six game standard, but it shouldn't have applied retroactively. Finally, and most importantly, Rice essentially getting a "career death penalty" when we've had literal convicted felons (versus Rice's misdemeanor which went into I believe a diversion) be allowed back in the league to play this always seemed like an overreaction.

CountDeMoney

Word around town is that it's always been Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots with those two.  True love.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 29, 2014, 02:12:10 PM
Yeah, it was never appropriate for:

a) Rice to be retroactively punished by the new domestic violence standard (which was supposed to be six games)

b) Rice to be retroactively punished even worse than the new standard (indefinite suspension versus six games)

c) Rice to be given the standard (two game) suspension after openly saying he punched his wife, then the punishment increased when a video comes out showing him do exactly what he said he did

I mean I'm not a lenient guy on domestic violence, but there are levels of domestic violence. Anger management does in fact have a track record of working for some guys, and to be honest Janay Rice needed some classes of her own, she was not a wholly innocent bystander to random violence from Ray. This is a relatively minor misdemeanor, if you look through the database of arrested football players that two game suspension was very common for incidents like this. I understand Goodell has leeway on how he acts but he needs to act consistently. I'd be fine with the new six game standard, but it shouldn't have applied retroactively. Finally, and most importantly, Rice essentially getting a "career death penalty" when we've had literal convicted felons (versus Rice's misdemeanor which went into I believe a diversion) be allowed back in the league to play this always seemed like an overreaction.

Meanwhile, AP is still suspended indefinitely for hitting his kid with a switch.

OttoVonBismarck

I haven't followed AP's case since they aren't local to me like the Ravens are, did Goodell suspend him indefinitely or was it just for the rest of the season?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Last I heard it was indefinite.  The situation got back-burnered in the media by the Rice situation.

Neil

No team in their right mind would ever sign Rice, and it's got nothing to do with the social justice goofballs.  Goodell is going to be commish for a very long time, and anybody who embarrasses him by breaking the Ray Rice embargo will be on his shit list forever.  An aging RB who put up terrible numbers last year isn't worth that kind of shit.  Maybe if he was AP, but he isn't.

OttoVonBismarck

In the short life span of running backs Ray probably has 3 really productive years left, and then 2 years of being a fill in player on a roster after that. I suspect he'll be signed somewhere, several teams have already expressed interest.