News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Steam

Started by Josephus, November 24, 2014, 10:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Anyone having issues with Steam? I know they had server issues earlier...but now, when I doubled click on shortcut to Steam or any of my games, I get nothing...no "cna't connect" or anything...just nothing happens.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

sbr

Working fine for me.

Josephus

Had to reboot...working fine now
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

KRonn

Not being able to run a game because can't connect to Steam occasionally happens to me also. Last time it cleared up after a reboot. But I wish the game would just start without connecting to Steam, and sometimes games do if the connection is down.

CountDeMoney

So I want to get Red Orchestra 2's big deluxe package in Steam;  however, it tells me it's already in my Library.  Only it's not; the original RO: Ost Front is.  It won't let me download it, or purchase it.

Anybody have a workaround for this, or do I have to deal with Vishnay Steve through Steam Support?

Razgovory

I get those connection issues as well.  Don't know what causes it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

I have some free codes for some vertical scrolling shooter, who's name eludes me, if anyone wants one.

Also, I'm trying to grips with the steam system, but why does it's security thingy require my cellphone to have both cellular data and a wi-fi connection working at the same time for it to work.  :wacko:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: KRonn on November 25, 2014, 08:33:56 AM
I wish the game would just start without connecting to Steam, and sometimes games do if the connection is down.
If you are still searching for a way :
Steam > Go offline.
Then all your games should work, however, achievements will not be recorded.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: mongers on November 17, 2016, 04:46:53 PM
I have some free codes for some vertical scrolling shooter, who's name eludes me, if anyone wants one.

Also, I'm trying to grips with the steam system, but why does it's security thingy require my cellphone to have both cellular data and a wi-fi connection working at the same time for it to work.  :wacko:

Steamworld Heist?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 18, 2016, 09:16:15 AM
Quote from: mongers on November 17, 2016, 04:46:53 PM

Steamworld Heist?

?

This think the game is called 'Revolution Ace', I'll send you a gift if you want.  :D

mongers

Steam Autumn sale on, noticed 'Day of the Tentacle' remastered is 66% off.

Liep

Quote from: mongers on November 25, 2016, 01:00:54 PM

Got myself 2nd and 3rd newest CK2 DLCs on 66% discount.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Not what I thought it was.   :mad:

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 25, 2016, 01:56:59 PM

Not what I thought it was.   :mad:

If it's any consolation you can get The Dig, Loom and the Indiana Jones games heavily discounted.  :)

Josquius

It has been a little slow.
██████
██████
██████