And we're back!

Main Menu

Steam

Started by Josephus, November 24, 2014, 10:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: viper37 on November 18, 2016, 09:05:49 AM
Quote from: KRonn on November 25, 2014, 08:33:56 AM
I wish the game would just start without connecting to Steam, and sometimes games do if the connection is down.
If you are still searching for a way :
Steam > Go offline.
Then all your games should work, however, achievements will not be recorded.

I haven't problems in a while and when I did sometimes it would ask if I wanted to continue off line, but not always. Is that a setting or how do I set it?

viper37

Quote from: KRonn on November 27, 2016, 02:10:23 PM
I wish the game would just start without connecting to Steam, and sometimes games do if the connection is down.
Steam > Go offline.

I haven't problems in a while and when I did sometimes it would ask if I wanted to continue off line, but not always. Is that a setting or how do I set it?
just selec the option, it will ask to restart Steam, then it will be offline until you chose to return online.  You will be able to play most, if not all your games like that.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

In case anyone hasn't gotten around to playing it by now, Civilization V complete is on steam sale for under a dollar.

Edit:

Probably ignore this as it maybe be excluding all of the content I already have, so only two items for that price, though I'm not sure, being relatively new to steam.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

It's about 10$ when you own nothing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 28, 2016, 06:31:21 PM
It's about 10$ when you own nothing.

Which is a pretty good deal if you know someone who hasn't got it; thought I'd guess All Languishites have played it?

KRonn

Quote from: viper37 on November 27, 2016, 05:21:47 PM
Quote from: KRonn on November 27, 2016, 02:10:23 PM
Steam > Go offline.

just selec the option, it will ask to restart Steam, then it will be offline until you chose to return online.  You will be able to play most, if not all your games like that.

Ok, thanks.  :)

mongers

Have an annoying small amount of credit in my steam account, so thought I'd get rid of it, turns out there are over 8,000 games under $10.00 on Steam. :blink:

Given how borked the tagging/categories are how do you find the diamonds amongst the rough?

All I want is an mildly involving old school turn-based strategy game, oh well off to Gog.com I guess.

Ed Anger

You could always save the credit and buy some non indie shit during the numerous steam sales.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 27, 2017, 08:46:34 PM
You could always save the credit and buy some non indie shit during the numerous steam sales.

:hmm:

Must spend.  :menace:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on January 27, 2017, 08:42:17 PM
turns out there are over 8,000 games under $10.00 on Steam. :blink:

Good grief.

Syt

Remember when little developers were struggling to get on Steam? Well ...

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

There's a cool documentary called Indie Game The Movie about this.
Interesting business structure.  There are too many games on steam. Get noticed early or else your chances of making anything are poor.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Fucking hobbyists.  It's like everybody in NYC wants to be an actor or writer.

Razgovory

Sometimes I feel that there are an insufficient number of games that use sprites from the late 1980's early 1990's on Steam.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on January 28, 2017, 02:44:07 AM
Remember when little developers were struggling to get on Steam? Well ...

This is an excellent example of how to use the wrong type of graph to tell your story.  Pie graphs don't show change over time well at all.  I think a writer just thinks they look cool, even when they don't relay the data the author wants relayed.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!