Jackbooted neo fascist vigilantes, coming soon to your nearest Italian street!

Started by The Larch, June 14, 2009, 04:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 14, 2009, 04:58:38 PM
Can we have a link to an article on the subject?

Can't find an English language one anywhere, but I can link to it in Italian.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Why is Italy so fucked up? Too many catholics? Not enough carpet bombing? Something in the water?

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Anyway, two thoughts about this.

One, that despite all the horror, this kind of crap convinces me that carpet bombing of Dresden and nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki, was really the right course of action - because now neither the Japanese nor the Germans even think of starting anything like that again whereas fucking wops apparently didn't get their asses kicked enough.

And two, to all the retards, like Tim, who cheer every time some nationalist party threatens to withdraw from the EU or otherwise challenges the EU's legitimacy - the only thing that keeps this kind of shit from becoming a full-blown totalitarianism rather than an operetta-style idiocy for cretins in badly made uniforms, is the existence of the EU - because thanks to it, if Italy withdrew from the EU now, its economy would collapse, making it unable to pose a threat of any kind. So shut the fuck up, you morons, unless you want to have another world war on your hands.

That is all.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on June 14, 2009, 05:41:54 PM
Why is Italy so fucked up? Too many catholics? Not enough carpet bombing? Something in the water?

Too close to the sun.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2009, 06:02:25 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 14, 2009, 05:41:54 PM

Too close to the sun.

Yeah, if you think about it, they are the European equivalent of Middle East or Mexico. :P

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on June 14, 2009, 06:00:54 PM
Anyway, two thoughts about this.

One, that despite all the horror, this kind of crap convinces me that carpet bombing of Dresden and nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki, was really the right course of action - because now neither the Japanese nor the Germans even think of starting anything like that again whereas fucking wops apparently didn't get their asses kicked enough.
You're pretty stupid.  Places that were far more devastated than Germany or Japan are full of extremism.  And it's not like Germany didn't suffer from murderous extremism for years.
QuoteAnd two, to all the retards, like Tim, who cheer every time some nationalist party threatens to withdraw from the EU or otherwise challenges the EU's legitimacy - the only thing that keeps this kind of shit from becoming a full-blown totalitarianism rather than an operetta-style idiocy for cretins in badly made uniforms, is the existence of the EU - because thanks to it, if Italy withdrew from the EU now, its economy would collapse, making it unable to pose a threat of any kind. So shut the fuck up, you morons, unless you want to have another world war on your hands.
Don't be ridiculous.  The United States is the guarantor of European peace.
QuoteThat is all.
One would hope so.  One would hope you'd kill yourself today.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.