Jackbooted neo fascist vigilantes, coming soon to your nearest Italian street!

Started by The Larch, June 14, 2009, 04:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on June 14, 2009, 08:09:25 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 14, 2009, 08:03:04 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 14, 2009, 08:00:12 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 14, 2009, 07:59:07 PM
I only want the UK to leave the EU.

Why?
An irrational over identification with the British state, due to historical reasons.  Not going to change.
Doesn't it make more sense for you to identify with Spain, what with you being Mexican an all?
Did you somehow miss the world "irrational"?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 14, 2009, 08:13:22 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 14, 2009, 08:09:25 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 14, 2009, 08:03:04 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 14, 2009, 08:00:12 PM
I only want the UK to leave the EU.

Why?
An irrational over identification with the British state, due to historical reasons.  Not going to change.
Doesn't it make more sense for you to identify with Spain, what with you being Mexican an all?
Did you somehow miss the world "irrational"?
There's irrational, and then there's crazy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 14, 2009, 07:28:41 PM
For italians they display a disturbing lack of fashion.  If fascists are good for one thing it is a well-developed sense for snazzy uniforms.  Italy deserves a better class of fascists.
Italy's fashion has always been about individuality.  You really need a German or British desire to blend in to get decent uniforms :(

QuoteI want Timmay to leave the United States.
I want him put on the Home Office list with Michael Savage and Fred Phelps.
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 14, 2009, 10:28:59 PM

Damn, that ain't right.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

I only want the UK to leave the EU. The rest of the continent can merge themselves into a superstate if they want to.

But, but, the UK will shape the EU into something grand with their Anglo-Saxon knowhow.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 14, 2009, 11:03:49 PM
But, but, the UK will shape the EU into something grand with their Anglo-Saxon knowhow.

The Empire, Part Deux. :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

For italians they display a disturbing lack of fashion.  If fascists are good for one thing it is a well-developed sense for snazzy uniforms.  Italy deserves a better class of fascists.

Yup, that's a really worrying element for Italy. Lots of things can be jeopardized there (freedom of press, accountability, even defensive footie) but fashion sense just can't be one of them. Let's hope that Benetton or Versace designs new uniforms for them, as Hugo Boss did in the past for the SS.  :P

Martinus

What about Michael Phelps and Fred "Savage" Flintstone?

Martinus

Quote from: The Larch on June 15, 2009, 03:12:04 AM

Yup, that's a really worrying element for Italy. Lots of things can be jeopardized there (freedom of press, accountability, even defensive footie) but fashion sense just can't be one of them. Let's hope that Benetton or Versace designs new uniforms for them, as Hugo Boss did in the past for the SS.  :P
United Colors of Benetton (all of them shades of black and brown). :P

Personally, I'd love to see D&G do some snazzy uniforms for them. I mean, as far as Italy is concerned, you can't go wrong with homos designing your uniforms - just look how long the Swiss guard got to keep theirs.

Alatriste

Quote from: Jaron on June 14, 2009, 06:45:20 PM
Where was the EU when the Serbs started wiping out Albanians? Or when Bosniaks were being piled into mass graves? The EU can't and won't do shit about anything. Its always us fixing your mess.

We were doing exactly the same thing you did. Namely, next to nothing and far too late. But when the bombs started to rain over the Serbs, they weren't all US bombs and they didn't fall exclusively from US planes...

Of all the misteries the colonial mindset provides, one of the most fascinating is how some usual suspects can claim keeping the peace in Europe has fallen on the US since 1945 but somehow at the same time the Yugoslavian disaster is not a US failure! Well, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If that is so all this happened on your watch, pals.

Actually we have a nice little pact we usually call NATO for this kind of thing, and NATO as a whole didn't shine in this sorry affair. But one has to remember also the time frame: the Wall had fallen barely one year before Yugoslavia disintegrated, the reunification of Germany had happened only a handful of months before, and the coup d'etat that ended with Gorbachev and the USSR happened two months after Croatia and Slovenia declared independence. Of course today we armchair strategists can see very clearly what should have been done (too clearly, I would say) but the stakes were high indeed and all Cold War reflexes, still very fresh, recommended extreme caution.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2009, 03:30:31 AM

United Colors of Benetton (all of them shades of black and brown). :P

Benetton is one of my pet hates. I loathed their shit back in the 80's and even though they have mostly faded from America, my loathing persists.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2009, 03:28:33 AM
What about Michael Phelps and Fred "Savage" Flintstone?
Ouch.  Should have gone with Fred Savage, rather than trying to tack on the Flintstone.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2009, 08:22:08 AM
Didn't know a Fred Savage exists.  :blush:
He was a well-known child actor in the early 90s.  The older he got, the less you heard about him.  He is best known as the main character in 'The Wonder Years', as well as feature-film roles in 'The Wizard' and 'The Princess Bride'.

At the time, you were probably busy dodging the Gestapo.

Grey Fox

EU will only be great once they embrace the great leader that is Super Sarko.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.