News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Started by Syt, November 18, 2014, 08:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on November 29, 2014, 09:48:32 AM
The reviews on metacritic aren't that good, especially for the PC version.  I was tempted to buy, if only to play with the character creation tool, but I'm not so sure anymore.

G.
if you haven't bought it already, wait until the first patch at least.

The game is great, but the PC controls are really bad.  And there are a couple of annoying bugs.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Scipio on November 30, 2014, 08:30:22 AM
8 health potions shared between the party is simply not enough on Hard difficulty.
you can get up to 12 with an upgrade in the war room.  And you need regen potions in your second slot.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grallon

Quote from: viper37 on December 01, 2014, 11:32:04 AM

The game is great, but the PC controls are really bad.  And there are a couple of annoying bugs.

Ah.  Another game first designed for the fucking consoles.  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on December 01, 2014, 12:58:30 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 01, 2014, 11:32:04 AM

Ah.  Another game first designed for the fucking consoles.  <_<

G.
apparently, it was designed for PC in mind.  The graphics seems to prove it.  The controls, they were made for a gamepad, with limited buttons, that shows certainly.  I've read that those on console, the earlier generation, seem to experience bad graphics issues.

Norgy

Looks rather brilliant in 4k, but I agree about the controls so far.
I dunno, I sort of dislike the plethora of cutscenes in these games. It's just poor storytelling, if you ask me.

Scipio

Thoughts after 60 hours: too fucking big. 60 hours of play and only level 15? Motherfucker.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

I hear that the beginning area (Hinterlands?) is too big, and that it's recommended to leave it early to progress the story, and come back sporadically later on?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Scipio

The way I would approach it is to open up each area as soon as they become available, and to run around doing side quests as long as you can until you have to make the first big choice [spoiler](templars or mages, at about level 7- getting through the apostates to Redcliffe is fucking hard- templars is easier).[/spoiler]
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

viper37

Quote from: Syt on December 02, 2014, 12:53:48 AM
I hear that the beginning area (Hinterlands?) is too big, and that it's recommended to leave it early to progress the story, and come back sporadically later on?
it's the same with many areas.  Some you can do part of it the first time, then come back later.

It's not made to be linear, i.e., go to one place, clear it, meet the final boss, go back "home", like in DA2 and Mass Effect 2.

Scipio

I've finally mastered the tactical camera interface. It's sadly little more complex than pause, select target, have everyone attack your target, switch back to boss, rinse, repeat.

But that being said, I can't wait to run this sucker through a second time, with a totally different character. Qunari, for starters.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Scipio

Sera breaks the Cullen quest thread. FYI.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

viper37

Quote from: Scipio on December 09, 2014, 06:33:24 PM
Sera breaks the Cullen quest thread. FYI.
how so?

Never mind, I saw your other post.

Scipio

It plays quicker than DA, less fast-paced than DA:2. Not as complex tactically. Better plot. Lots of loose ends tied up. at 120 hours, I'm about 3/4 of the way through.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

viper37

I need to fight one dragon, the Highland ravager.  To do that, I would have needed more experience, but I made the bad choices early on related to codex experience.

Ah, and I miss a couple of regions, a couple of mosaic pieces.  It really is frustrating.

viper37

Knight enchanter mage for dragons, like Vivienne.  Get her up close&personal with the dragon, ignite the blade, hit it.  Use fade cloak near the dragon to do a couple thousand damage, used fade step (upgraded) to slide through dragonling, that will freeze them.  Them freeze them, then hit at them with the warriors, send Vivienne back (or your own character, if he's mage) to the dragon.

Highland Ravager is no more.  It still took nearly all my potions though.