News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Started by Syt, November 18, 2014, 08:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 25, 2014, 04:21:20 AM
I thought the City Elf background perpetrated sexist macho stereotypes about women and led to death threats against some feminist blogger.  :hmm:

I thought the whole rape thing was lazy and lame and didn't even inform much about the relationship between City Elves and Humans in game.  It was just put there to show how dark and edgy and shit stuff was but unlike the Dwarf origins it never went anywhere.  But there were lots of things about that origin I did like.  It made returning later in the game to see the burning Alienage was especially powerful.

QuoteSeriously though I think the point developers frequently make these days about stuff like origin stories is that they are just not worth the buck, since they are seen by only a certain percentage of gamers. So it is much more efficient to devote your resources to a part that is going to be seen by everyone.

Nonsense.  If that were true why do they bother making all these romances since you can only see a few of them each playthrough?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 25, 2014, 10:45:04 AM
See your earlier point.

The City Elf Origin made returing to the Alienage powerful? :unsure:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 24, 2014, 06:55:38 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on November 24, 2014, 06:26:01 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 23, 2014, 01:49:38 PM
This thread inspire me to buy Dragon Age: Origins. So far I like it.

:thumbsup:

Which background you going with? Human, Elf or Dwarf?
At the moment I'm a City Elf who likes like Tilda Swinton/Bowie. I'll probably try the others though.

It's not gay if it's an elf. 
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Sheilbh

I dumped the elf. Moving on.

Edit: I think I used my skill points badly :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 25, 2014, 11:14:24 AM
:hmm:

No, sex is edgy.

They can put sex and violence in all the origins if they want.  Only Anita Sarkeesian and me will be offended :P

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 25, 2014, 11:11:48 AM

:(

The Dwarf ones are both very cool IMO.

Legbiter

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2014, 11:16:27 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 25, 2014, 11:11:48 AM

:(

The Dwarf ones are both very cool IMO.

Aye and the human noble is as well. Turns the game into a searing 70's Bronson revenge spree. 

viper37

To anyone playing this game:
When you're ready to meet a dragon, bring Iron Bull with you. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grallon

The reviews on metacritic aren't that good, especially for the PC version.  I was tempted to buy, if only to play with the character creation tool, but I'm not so sure anymore.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

I've logged over 50 hours on it. It's really quite good, although they made the tactical controls stupid. The story, the characters, and the base-building features are quite good. I am definitely out of my element, though. 8 health potions shared between the party is simply not enough on Hard difficulty.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Legbiter

Quote from: Scipio on November 30, 2014, 08:30:22 AM
I've logged over 50 hours on it. It's really quite good, although they made the tactical controls stupid. The story, the characters, and the base-building features are quite good. I am definitely out of my element, though. 8 health potions shared between the party is simply not enough on Hard difficulty.

Are you playing on peasant or PC Master Race rig?

Scipio

Middle of the road PC. High-test GFX card and mobo, but dual channel memory (16 GB) and low-level CPU (i3 quad core).

[SPOILER]Once Haven gets nuked, the game progression gets easier. But it's still a bitch on Hard, even with self-inflicted damage turned off. I'm only level 14, my party is level 13. Working on completism, which is well-rewarded in this game (better than in DA2, anyway; not sure if as well as DA:O).[/spoiler]
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt