News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sino-American Climate Deal?

Started by jimmy olsen, November 12, 2014, 12:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Is there any incentive to be above average?

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 13, 2014, 08:06:02 PM
I'm on board mongers.  Write up the treaty.

I'm confused. Weren't you objecting to per capita emissions used at the metric at the beginning of this thread?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on November 13, 2014, 08:14:37 PM
I'm confused. Weren't you objecting to per capita emissions used at the metric at the beginning of this thread?

I was objecting to allocating the right to pollute on a per capita basis.  In the monger system there is no allocation.

Maximus

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 13, 2014, 04:55:36 PM
It's not clear to me why the large population countries should get a pass on producing such large populations.

There may be something to this but it would be hard to blame PRC.  They have been notoriously aggressive about limiting POP growth.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 13, 2014, 04:52:46 PM
That was always Manmohan Singh's line whenever challenged on emissions by Western journalists - 'I vow our emissions will never exceed the United States' - per capita.'

And it's a fair point.

Well here is hoping someday we make that vow wrong.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."