News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Toronto restaurant suggestions

Started by garbon, November 05, 2014, 10:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I'm going to be in Toronto for a long weekend starting Saturday and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on any places that my cousin, sister and I should go out to eat. We're staying downtown near the Uni of Toronto but will be car enabled.

I'd also ask for anything we should see but I expect to be freezing and mostly indoors - weather forecast also appears to be suggesting rain. :D :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Well based on my one Languish-themed trip there the AGO was very nice, as was the "Tibetan" restaurant we ate at (which Malthus assured us was in no way authentic Tibetan).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on November 05, 2014, 11:38:58 PM
Well based on my one Languish-themed trip there the AGO was very nice, as was the "Tibetan" restaurant we ate at (which Malthus assured us was in no way authentic Tibetan).

The one and only time I went to Toronto (over 7 years ago now!), I recall going to the AGO and the Bata Shoe Museum. There was also one night I went to a funky vegan restaurant. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

viper37

I don't really know Toronto restaurants, but if you do not receive any suggestions and you&your family like steakhouses, I would recommend The Keg (a chain of restaurants with presence in all canadian major cities).  They are pretty good restaurants, decent wine list, very good food, excellent meat quality for the price you pay.

Ideally, a Toronto-ian Languish member would answer you...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Sadly, my suggestions won't be much use - I usually dine out in two settings: (1) with my immediate family, so in my neighbourhood, far from U of T; or (2) with clients, so on a business budget.  :blush: Places like "Jump" or "Canoe" (both are excellent, if pricey). "Canoe" has the best view in the city ...

http://www.zagat.com/r/jump-toronto?gclid=CIq8qprX5sECFQYNaQodL4cA8A

http://www.zagat.com/r/canoe-toronto?gclid=CNTvz8PX5sECFQkDaQodQh4AZQ

I used to know good restaurants more generally, back in the day ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on November 06, 2014, 02:21:56 PM
Sadly, my suggestions won't be much use - I usually dine out in two settings: (1) with my immediate family, so in my neighbourhood, far from U of T; or (2) with clients, so on a business budget.  :blush: Places like "Jump" or "Canoe" (both are excellent, if pricey). "Canoe" has the best view in the city ...

http://www.zagat.com/r/jump-toronto?gclid=CIq8qprX5sECFQYNaQodL4cA8A

http://www.zagat.com/r/canoe-toronto?gclid=CNTvz8PX5sECFQkDaQodQh4AZQ

I used to know good restaurants more generally, back in the day ...

No worries, I'm sure I'll figure something out. And yeah we'll only be able to swing those if I decided to pay for everyone. <_<

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on November 06, 2014, 02:23:55 PM
$2000 steak.

For that price, the cow comes to your table beforehand and personally recommends which of her parts are most tender and juicy.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on November 06, 2014, 02:26:12 PM
No worries, I'm sure I'll figure something out. And yeah we'll only be able to swing those if I decided to pay for everyone. <_<

You might find Open Table Toronto useful: http://www.opentable.com/toronto-restaurants

Barrister

Garbo, it's 2014.  Just hit up Yelp or Urbanspoon and you'll find a good place in no time.  I've had good luck that places which are top rated are done so for good reason.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2014, 02:31:10 PM
Garbo, it's 2014.  Just hit up Yelp or Urbanspoon and you'll find a good place in no time.  I've had good luck that places which are top rated are done so for good reason.

Well, of course, BB. It isn't like I don't know how to find restaurants, I just thought I'd ask in case anyone knew of some they would recommend. :P

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on November 06, 2014, 02:26:29 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 06, 2014, 02:23:55 PM
$2000 steak.

For that price, the cow comes to your table beforehand and personally recommends which of her parts are most tender and juicy.

:lol: