News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

'A Momentary Lapse Of Reason'

Started by mongers, November 04, 2014, 07:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Neil on November 05, 2014, 08:55:20 AM
I'm not quite old enough for these sorts of things yet.

You're more into the permanent lapses, like Nixon worship.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

When I catalogued my books a couple of years ago I found about 10 duplicates. :Embarrass:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Brazen on November 05, 2014, 05:48:21 AM
More than once I've got in the car, started driving and realised I'm going on one of my regular routes I drive on autopilot rather that towards my actual destination.

On the very first date I had with my now wife, I was driving her back from the movie when she interrupted our conversation by saying "um, where are we going.  My apartment is in the other direction."  I swear I intended to take her home but I went on autopilot when we started talking and I was actually headed toward my apartment.  I explained all that, she laughed and things worked out well.  :D

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on November 05, 2014, 12:16:02 PM
When I catalogued my books a couple of years ago I found about 10 duplicates. :Embarrass:

Yeah I've a few of those, but I think some were intented as presents (new books that is) and others of favourites I've acquired cheap with the intention of giving away to all and sundry/thrift shops. Well that's my excuse anyway.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 05, 2014, 12:29:05 PM
Quote from: Brazen on November 05, 2014, 05:48:21 AM
More than once I've got in the car, started driving and realised I'm going on one of my regular routes I drive on autopilot rather that towards my actual destination.

On the very first date I had with my now wife, I was driving her back from the movie when she interrupted our conversation by saying "um, where are we going.  My apartment is in the other direction."  I swear I intended to take her home but I went on autopilot when we started talking and I was actually headed toward my apartment.  I explained all that, she laughed and things worked out well.  :D

:D

Slick move, 'something' else was subconsciously giving you directions.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"