News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

'A Momentary Lapse Of Reason'

Started by mongers, November 04, 2014, 07:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Ah, senior moments, something for all of us to look forward and us of a more advanced age to savour now.

I'm going through all of my cds/vinyl, ripping, organising and sticking them on external drives. Turns out I have thousands of albums and its proving a big task. <_<

So today I order something from amazon and add one of the Pink Floyd albums I'm lacking, only have vinyl and an old original issue cd, so I order a remastered copy of 'A Momentary Lapse of Reason '. 

I then download the autorip MP3s from their website, look in the appropriate directory, to find them and the exact same files in there from six months ago.  :hmm:

So I sift through my old orders to find I've already bought this about eight years ago, but I can't find the cd, maybe it never turned up and I didn't notice it missing from the original order?

Maybe I should check my computer more thoroughly for other hidden gems, before I inadvertently re-order stuff.  :)

Not a great story, but I find it somewhat amusing that it should happen over an album called 'A Momentary Lapse of Reason '.   :)

So what senior moments have you already had ?

Left any kids at the boozer and driven off?

What senior moments or behaviour do you dread happening?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

OK, maybe it's more about my somewhat OCD behaviour showing :D

But then again that's a tendency that quite a few Languishites share.  :P

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2014, 08:53:04 PM
Hey, relax over there.

I'm not as bad as some, another album I only found a cdr of it, so I ripped that, which then reported the individual track peak levels, I then googled and found a discussion about the album, where some people had noted the exact peak levels for all cd releases of the album. So I could identify the specific release I had.  :cool:

Though those people were really extreme nerds, they lost me with discussion about the relative merits of the various Japanese black cd releases.   :rolleyes:

Razgovory

I thought that people riding public transit were time travelers there to spy on me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

This thread has inspired me to listen to "Interstellar Overdrive" on YouTube. 

I ordered a copy of "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" once and never received it.  But I never paid for it, either, so that's OK.

Josephus

I actually had good luck with Pink Floyd.

Several years ago they put out a box set of their entire catalogue...not the recent collection from a couple years ago, this one was closer to 7 or 8 years ago. I ordered it from Amazon.com (US) as opposed to Amazon.CA (Canada) which wasn't carrying it at the time.

It was supposed to arrive at my house on Day X. But after about Day X + 10 I called them up and said I never received it. They were quite nice and said they would send me another.

A week later I receive two! Remember this is a box set containing all 13 studio albums. :) My brother got a nice Xmas present that year.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Norgy

Quote from: mongers on November 04, 2014, 07:39:40 PM

Left any kids at the boozer and driven off?

What senior moments or behaviour do you dread happening?

:lol:
Now that would be something.

I forget my phone in the strangest places. I've even washed and dried it,  :Embarrass:

Brazen

More than once I've got in the car, started driving and realised I'm going on one of my regular routes I drive on autopilot rather that towards my actual destination.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on November 05, 2014, 05:48:21 AM
More than once I've got in the car, started driving and realised I'm going on one of my regular routes I drive on autopilot rather that towards my actual destination.

:D

I don't think this is age related at all, I may have done that a couple of times when I drove and my mate used to do it All of the time.

mongers

Quote from: dps on November 04, 2014, 09:52:14 PM
This thread has inspired me to listen to "Interstellar Overdrive" on YouTube. 

I ordered a copy of "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" once and never received it.  But I never paid for it, either, so that's OK.

Clearly something cosmic IS happening with Pink Floyd albums.  :)

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on November 04, 2014, 10:58:46 PM
I actually had good luck with Pink Floyd.

Several years ago they put out a box set of their entire catalogue...not the recent collection from a couple years ago, this one was closer to 7 or 8 years ago. I ordered it from Amazon.com (US) as opposed to Amazon.CA (Canada) which wasn't carrying it at the time.

It was supposed to arrive at my house on Day X. But after about Day X + 10 I called them up and said I never received it. They were quite nice and said they would send me another.

A week later I receive two! Remember this is a box set containing all 13 studio albums. :) My brother got a nice Xmas present that year.

:cool:

I wish I had a brother like you.  :(

Not that there's anything wrong with my kid brother, just we don't share music tastes at all.

celedhring

My first present to a GF was the "Wish you were here" album. Years later, long after we had broken up, I learnt that she hated it and had given it to her sister.

Neil

:D  I assumed this thread was about the US election results.

I'm not quite old enough for these sorts of things yet.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.