NCAA Basketball 2014-2015 (This may help ease the pain)

Started by PDH, November 02, 2014, 10:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Apparently the Ducks are not terrible at basketball.  Pac-12 Player of the year, Pac-12 Coach of the year and won a first round game?  I honestly had no idea.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on March 20, 2015, 10:50:00 PM
Barnes has not yet been fired. Color me nervous.

Supposedly if they wait until after April 1, they can save $250k.  Why they would really need to do that, I don't know, but hey.

E:  Who would your choice for head basketball coach be, Val?

crazy canuck

Cinci is making a game of this

I keep seeing an American lawncare commercial where the guy says Wala instead of Voila.  Is that a thing?

alfred russel

My bracket ended friday as a longshot, and will end saturday as an embarrassment.  :(

But fuck my bracket. Lets go Irish!  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

All three Pac-12 teams still alive, so things are good.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: sbr on March 20, 2015, 10:53:27 PM
\ Pac-12 Player of the year, Pac-12 Coach of the year

Both clear "We are sick of voting for Arizona awards" :P

and won a first round game?  I honestly had no idea.

Oregon's had a pretty decent year - why is this such a surprise?

0 rows returned

Valmy

I doubt I will be able to say the same thing about the three Big 12 teams after tomorrow, three tough games.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Hey, I am leading the Languish group! Nice.

Got all but 2 picks right in the first round...missed on the two 3 seeds losing.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on March 21, 2015, 11:54:59 PM
Got all but 2 picks right in the first round...missed on the two 3 seeds losing.

Never bet on Baylor. I think Iowa State was just beat down and worn out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Arizona really should have no trouble against a .500 team from the Big East who doesn't rebound well.

0 rows returned

sbr

Quote from: Berkut on March 21, 2015, 11:46:38 PM

It's not that I am surprised that they won a game, I didn't even know they were in the tournament.

I have almost zero interest in college basketball, which is unfortunate because basketball is my favorite sport/game/activity.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on March 22, 2015, 12:30:22 AM
I have almost zero interest in college basketball, which is unfortunate because basketball is my favorite sport/game/activity.

Huh.  NBA only?  Why don't you like college hoops?  Anything specific, or is it just a general thing?

crazy canuck

Quote from: sbr on March 22, 2015, 12:30:22 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 21, 2015, 11:46:38 PM

It's not that I am surprised that they won a game, I didn't even know they were in the tournament.

What type of basketball do you enjoy?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 22, 2015, 01:41:36 AM
Huh.  NBA only?  Why don't you like college hoops?  Anything specific, or is it just a general thing?

I imagine for the same reason Kentucky and Duke grads don't follow college football.

jimmy olsen

Really surprised that Virginia went down this early, but you can never count out Michigan State.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point