News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Apple chief Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'

Started by Martinus, October 30, 2014, 06:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

You know how I know Tim Cook's gay?  Marty told us like 50 times.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Should take the heat off from activist investors like Carl Icahn. I'm a buyer.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

alfred russel

Quote from: Viking on October 30, 2014, 07:21:30 AM
Is gheyness something he achieved? How can he be proud of it?

If you can be ashamed, you can be proud too, right?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Gups

Quote from: alfred russel on October 30, 2014, 09:32:23 AM
Quote from: Viking on October 30, 2014, 07:21:30 AM
Is gheyness something he achieved? How can he be proud of it?

If you can be ashamed, you can be proud too, right?

If you think someone is wrong to be ashamed you must think he's wrong to be proud too, right?

alfred russel

Quote from: Gups on October 30, 2014, 09:40:30 AM

If you think someone is wrong to be ashamed you must think he's wrong to be proud too, right?

I think saying you are proud to be gay is about communicating that you are comfortable with who you are and communicating that in the public sphere. So I'd say no to your question.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: Martim Silva on October 30, 2014, 08:54:59 AM
We all knew Apple stuff was just gay. So, this comes merely as a confirmation.

(I would not be surprised if Apple PCs are not used among gays as a modern way to identify themselves).

Now, question is: it is now time for all Languish Mac users to finally come out of the closet?  :hmm:

:rolleyes:

Good for Tim Cook. :thumbsup:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

You just nuked the entire pride movement.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on October 30, 2014, 09:43:39 AM

I think saying you are proud to be gay is about communicating that you are comfortable with who you are and communicating that in the public sphere. So I'd say no to your question.

Pretty much.

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 30, 2014, 09:44:12 AM

You just nuked the entire pride movement.

Not really. If you can be proud of your children or proud of your ancestors, then surely you can be proud of something that pertains to yourself.

dps

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

CountDeMoney

Gups

Quote from: alfred russel on October 30, 2014, 09:43:39 AM

That equate "pride" with "comfortable with". Wouldn't be my definition but perhaps just semantics. I guess I'm "proud" to be 5'11", "proud" I'm a bit clumsy and "proud" I have shit eyesight. Well' I'm certainly not bothered about any of those things.