News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

It's Time for An American Jihad

Started by JonasSalk, October 29, 2014, 08:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/28/its-time-for-american-jihad/

"An American jihad would reawaken in American citizens the certain knowledge that our Constitution is a sacred document that better defines and preserves the liberty and autonomy of human beings than the charter of any other nation on earth."

"We would urge our leaders, after their service in the U.S. Senate and Congress, to seek dual citizenship in other nations, like France and Italy and Sweden and Argentina and Brazil and Germany, and work to influence those nations to adopt laws very much like our own. We might even fund our leaders' campaigns for office in these other nations."

:lmfao:

In the video, he uses the phrase "manifest destiny," in addition to other hilarious statements.  This is comedy gold.  Someone must have invented a time machine and got this guy from the 19th century.
Yuman

Eddie Teach

Quote from: JonasSalk on October 29, 2014, 08:38:18 PM
"We would urge our leaders, after their service in the U.S. Senate and Congress, to seek dual citizenship in other nations, like France and Italy and Sweden and Argentina and Brazil and Germany, and work to influence those nations to adopt laws very much like our own. We might even fund our leaders' campaigns for office in these other nations."

Misery loves company?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: JonasSalk on October 29, 2014, 08:38:18 PMour Constitution is a sacred document

See, that's the problem with the nutjobs among conservatives - it's holy, must be interpreted literally, and changes are verboten.

Or to quote Thomas Jefferson:

QuoteI am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

FYI, Syt: they really, really hate Jefferson, too.

Razgovory

Quote from: JonasSalk on October 29, 2014, 08:38:18 PM

:lmfao:

In the video, he uses the phrase "manifest destiny," in addition to other hilarious statements.  This is comedy gold.  Someone must have invented a time machine and got this guy from the 19th century.

Or just 2003.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on October 30, 2014, 12:19:50 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2014, 12:12:01 AM
FYI, Syt: they really, really hate Jefferson, too.

Huh. All right, then.

Though they do like the part about feeding blood to the Tree of Liberty.

crazy canuck

I like the part about every country in the world needing to adopt the American constitution  - and suffer that kind of governmental dysfunction?  No thanks.  I will gladly stick with the Parliamentary system.

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 30, 2014, 11:15:57 AM
I like the part about every country in the world needing to adopt the American constitution  - and suffer that kind of governmental dysfunction?  No thanks.  I will gladly stick with the Parliamentary system.
When it comes to governments, dysfunction is the best kind of function.

Josquius

Hey, if America wants to conquer the world I'm sure half of the third world would jump at the chance to be annexed by the US.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: Tyr on October 30, 2014, 01:49:58 PM
Hey, if America wants to conquer the world I'm sure half of the third world would jump at the chance to be annexed by the US.

Maybe, but we are 0-2 with Iraq and Afghanistan.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

He was also kinda forgetting about Vietnam when he went on about the God given right the US has to win all its wars.

JonasSalk

And Korea...and Afghanistan...and War of 1812...
Yuman

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 30, 2014, 03:52:12 PM
He was also kinda forgetting about Vietnam when he went on about the God given right the US has to win all its wars.

Oh my God never get those dudes going about Vietnam.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."