Dispatches from the State Ministry of Truth

Started by Jacob, September 22, 2014, 10:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2014, 06:13:59 PM
What am I clown to you? A puppet? :(

What type of answer would you like? Earnest? Languish banter style?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2014, 05:59:58 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on October 16, 2014, 05:48:20 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 16, 2014, 10:54:13 AM
Yeah, it's not fair on Mono, it's not as if those pro-democracy rioters have to put up with that or any sort of 'abuse'.

a few weeks ago when you were advocating leaving ebola infected british citizens to die in africa, there wasn't really any shit thrown your way.

Does anyone take Mongers seriously? I mean he is our resident ditch shitter.

I do.  :bowler: (seriously)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on October 16, 2014, 04:07:47 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 16, 2014, 11:06:46 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 15, 2014, 11:01:36 PM
If he's going to be evil, so can I.

You don't know who he is.

I have conferred with my lawyer and he has advised me not to comment further.  It would probably be better if he stopped commenting as well, he was fucking warned too!

For the record, I'm not the lawyer Raz is talking about. :contract:

My advice would have been to go out, guns blazing.

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on October 17, 2014, 03:11:37 AM

Circumstances change, the advice changes, but the one constant of Marty's counsel to Raz is that the end result is Raz's demise.  :hmm:

:P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on October 17, 2014, 08:49:32 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 17, 2014, 03:11:37 AM

Circumstances change, the advice changes, but the one constant of Marty's counsel to Raz is that the end result is Raz's demise.  :hmm:

:P

:lol:

Maximus

Quote from: derspiess on October 16, 2014, 03:27:34 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 16, 2014, 03:13:26 PM
Yeah, I think inconvenience is the worst evil. Much worse than losing your freedoms.

Depends on the situation, I guess.
I guess this is the other 25%

Martinus

alfred russel

While I'll agree that Mono's point of view isn't the most endearing, we had a local perspective that was a bit different than most of ours. Then a few threatened him personally, and now the thread dies. Congrats.  <_<

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on October 22, 2014, 12:10:48 AM
While I'll agree that Mono's point of view isn't the most endearing, we had a local perspective that was a bit different than most of ours. Then a few threatened him personally, and now the thread dies. Congrats.  <_<

I think only Raz threatened him.

garbon

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tomnamako/kenny-g-visits-hong-kong-protests-striking-sour-note-with-au

QuoteKenny G Visits Hong Kong Protests, Striking Sour Note With Authorities

The saxophone player is wildly popular in China. Government officials took the opportunity to remind everyone that they think the protests are illegal.

Kenny G, one of the largest-selling instrumental musicians ever and an icon in China, visited pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong on Wednesday. The smooth jazz saxophonist just finished a concert tour through the mainland.

Reuters reported that China's foreign ministry – wary of foregin involvement in what it sees as a domestic issue — cool on the visit:
QuoteChina's foreign ministry, which has expressed repeated dissatisfaction about what it sees as foreign interference in an internal issue, said it did not know any details about Gorelick's visit.

"Kenny G's musical works are widely popular in China, but China's position on the illegal Occupy Central activities in Hong Kong is very clear," ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a daily news briefing.

"We hope that foreign governments and individuals speak and act cautiously and not support the Occupy Central and other illegal activities in any form," she added.

Kenny G's melody "Going Home" is a mainstay in China, the AP reported. It "can be heard at train stations, department stores, airports, hotel lobbies and over loudspeakers in public parks, and is often used as a signal for people to clear out."