Dispatches from the State Ministry of Truth

Started by Jacob, September 22, 2014, 10:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

The use of the word Champagne is important damn it!  :mad:

As an aside, Jacob, I think we now have a pretty good idea of who would be reacting the same as Mono if they were in his position.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: frunk on October 16, 2014, 03:43:15 PM
Any moment now the fact that OWS wasn't brutally suppressed will mean that the US government will completely collapse.

You did notice that Occupy Wall Street occupied a privately owned park, didn't you?

frunk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 16, 2014, 03:55:09 PM

You did notice that Occupy Wall Street occupied a privately owned park, didn't you?

And?

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on October 16, 2014, 11:06:46 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 15, 2014, 11:01:36 PM
If he's going to be evil, so can I.

You don't know who he is.

I have conferred with my lawyer and he has advised me not to comment further.  It would probably be better if he stopped commenting as well, he was fucking warned too!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: frunk on October 16, 2014, 03:59:34 PM
And?

And if they had occupied 5th Avenue or Interstate 95 they probably would have been "brutally suppressed."

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 16, 2014, 04:12:43 PM
And?

And if they had occupied 5th Avenue or Interstate 95 they probably would have been "brutally suppressed."

Yeah, they were fairly quickly dispersed when the occupied a public park.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

frunk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 16, 2014, 04:12:43 PM
And?

Probably true, but if it was a major thoroughfare they would of been cleared or moved to a different area within the day.

alfred russel

It seems that there is genuine division in Hong Kong over the protests, even if most support them to some degree. The point of view that China is unlikely to cave to their demands and the protests may produce a backlash isn't crazy.

At the same time, Mono is a rather unique person who sees the world in a quirky way and probably isn't representative of anyone else. We've known that for a while.

I don't think too much venom should be sent Mono's way. I don't think he is out to harm anyone else.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

I remember back in the early days of the overthrow of Mubarak everyone in the west being supportive of the protestors and Arab Spring. At the time I was working with a couple from Egypt. They were very diplomatic in how they spoke, maybe because they didn't want to get a similar reaction to what Mono is getting, but they seemed to see the events in Cairo with alarm (while in no way being fans of Mubarak). As time goes by, their point of view seems much more reasonable.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

LaCroix

Quote from: mongers on October 16, 2014, 10:54:13 AM
Yeah, it's not fair on Mono, it's not as if those pro-democracy rioters have to put up with that or any sort of 'abuse'.

a few weeks ago when you were advocating leaving ebola infected british citizens to die in africa, there wasn't really any shit thrown your way.

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on October 16, 2014, 05:48:20 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 16, 2014, 10:54:13 AM
Yeah, it's not fair on Mono, it's not as if those pro-democracy rioters have to put up with that or any sort of 'abuse'.

a few weeks ago when you were advocating leaving ebola infected british citizens to die in africa, there wasn't really any shit thrown your way.

Does anyone take Mongers seriously? I mean he is our resident ditch shitter.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2014, 05:59:58 PM

Does anyone here take anyone else here seriously? I find that hard to believe given how much everyone seems to believe almost everyone else is a bunch of obnoxious cretins.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on October 16, 2014, 06:01:30 PM

Does anyone here take anyone else here seriously? I find that hard to believe given how much everyone seems to believe almost everyone else is a bunch of obnoxious cretins.

I am dead serious. :angry:

DGuller

:huh:  I personally don't believe it.  I know it.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on October 16, 2014, 06:03:30 PM

:huh:  I personally don't believe it.  I know it.

I know you are a Russian agent.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive