News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Possible homegrown terrorist

Started by viper37, October 20, 2014, 06:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Martin "Ahmad" Rouleau. 

Attempted on the life of two soldiers by running them over, one critically injured, the other slightly injured.

The government talks of "possible terrorist attack", too soon to confirm.

No english text so far, I used Google:
http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justice-et-affaires-criminelles/faits-divers/201410/20/01-4810905-saint-jean-martin-ahmad-rouleau-affilie-au-djihad-islamique.php
The man who grabbed two soldiers in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu in a hit and qualified leak "possible terrorist attack" in Ottawa was the jihadist propaganda on social networks.  Two sources confirmed to The News that the suspect who died was called Martin Rouleau.

La Presse
found on different social networks profiles a man who comes in the name of Ahmad Roll and whose date of birth matches that of Martin Roll.   One of the soldiers was seriously wounded while the second victim was injured less seriously.
  A Conservative MP spoke in the House of Commons a "potential terrorist attack in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu."  Prime Minister Stephen Harper said monitor the situation closely.
  The suspect knocked the two soldiers in a commercial parking Seminary Boulevard, in downtown Saint John, before taking flight for a few kilometers on the same artery.  He avoided a studded belt and went off the road before being hit by police bullets.  He was armed with a knife.
  The Sûreté du Québec (SQ) confirmed late afternoon that the suspect, a 25 year old man, died.
  The terrorist thesis she studied one of the tracks?  "That's it.  It's far too early for us to conclude, "said the spokesman of the SQ, Joyce Kemp.  "The fact that this is deliberate, whether it is a voluntary act, it is a hypothesis that will be viewed by the investigators."
  No officer has suffered serious injuries in the event. The spokeswoman was unable to say whether Ottawa could gain information to formulate the hypothesis of a terrorist act.   For this is what the government has hinted in the House on Monday.
  Boasting a question "planted" an elected Conservative asked Prime Minister Stephen Harper to rule on the incident.
  "There are unconfirmed reports that a possible terrorist attack wanting (could have been committed) against two members of the Armed Forces near Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu," explained the MP Randy Hoback.
  "Could the Prime Minister please update the House on this issue?"
  Conservative leader stood up and said that the information surrounding the incident were "troubling" and that the government was monitoring the situation closely.
  Leader of the New Democratic Party (NDP), Thomas Mulcair, feels the same way as the SQ, ruling that the government's analysis is premature.
  "I think we should be overly cautious in drawing conclusions.  (...) When (the question was asked), I said, 'Even so, let the police do their work,' "said Mr. Mulcair in a scrum.
  The Office of Prime Minister Harper did not specify Monday why we presented the incident as a potential terrorist act.
  Annabelle Blais, Vincent Larouche, Daniel Renaud, David Santerre, Gabrielle Duchaine, Jasmin Lavoie, Daphne Cameron, Marie-Michele Sioui and The Canadian Press

Honestly, I never tought it would happen here.  They didn't recruit the brightest ones, at least.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Drakken

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

KRonn

I saw these on US news yesterday. Home grown terrorism, no surprise as I'm more surprised that it hasn't happened a lot more. It's been happening for some years now in  a few cases in the US, just that it hasn't usually been labeled as such.