Soldier shot at National War Memorial in Ottawa

Started by viper37, October 22, 2014, 09:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Another one....
Link

Shots fired inside the parliament too.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: viper37 on October 22, 2014, 09:35:47 AM
Another one....
Link

Shots fired inside the parliament too.

Do dear.

Ant the best thing Ottawans can do is, turn up at work tomorrow like it's just another day and not change their behaviour or schedule at all. No matter what is happening at the moment.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

Homegrown or imported - this is what you get when you allow this pestilence of a death cult religion anywhere near civilization.   :glare:

And the apologists are already at work - it's not about Islam - even though the perpetrators themselves claim it is - these are just individual psychos...

I take the metro every day - and I see an increasing number of those bearded nutjobs reading their evil book.  I'm certain something will happen in there at some point. 

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

Suspect has been killed, according to Conservative MP.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

I'm impressed that grallon can tell he's a muslim from the description we have so far: "man running with double-barrelled shotgun, wearing a scarf and blue jeans."

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on October 22, 2014, 09:59:28 AM
I'm impressed that grallon can tell he's a muslim from the description we have so far: "man running with double-barrelled shotgun, wearing a scarf and blue jeans."
Yeah, he's that good. ;) :P

The Atlantic gives more details though:
QuoteAn eyewitness of the incident told The Globe and Mail that the shooter "got away," and described them as having long, dark hair. Another eye witness told the CBC that the shooter is a male, tall, thin with a black and white headscarf, carrying a long gun.
The Atlantic

Still, no confirmation it's one of these homegrown terrorist.  Could be a lunatic like the one in Moncton who shot 3 RCMP agents last summer.

viper37

Witness hear shots from Château Laurier (a 5* hotel near the Parliament).  More than one shooter apparently.

viper37

viper37

Talks of 3 shooters, 2 dead.

1 solider injured and maybe another person.  It's hard to tell with live events like this, info & rumours are mixed.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Jacob on October 22, 2014, 09:59:28 AM

Grallon is being is usual asshole self but you know the odds this is muslim related are astronomic.

2nd assailment was apprently shot by the Sergeant at Arms of Parliement. That might be a first.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Legbiter

Didn't an Islamoid run down two Canadian soldiers a couple of days ago?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

crazy canuck

Its hard to tell exactly what is happening.  Could be one gunman who was seen going from the first shooting to Parliament.  Could be multiple shooters.  But the report is the police are assuming multiple shooters. Everything is locked down.  Military bases across the country are also now on lockdown and military personal who are off base have been told to stay inside and secure until the nature and scope of the threat can be determined.

Despite all the confusion I think one thing is certain.  This attack is going to change the way Canadians think about terrorism.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Legbiter on October 22, 2014, 10:48:49 AM
Didn't an Islamoid run down two Canadian soldiers a couple of days ago?

Yes and the likelihood is that this is another such attack but we dont know enough details yet to be sure.