The Straight, White, Middle-Class Man Needs to Be Dethroned

Started by Martinus, October 12, 2014, 02:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2014, 09:56:31 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2014, 03:23:18 PM
Yeah. So why so few of Fortune 500 CEOs are (openly) gay? Surely at least 5% should be (the conservative estimate).

Because CEOs tend to be older?

CEOs tend to be quieter.

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 12, 2014, 03:21:18 PM
I was under the impression that gays tend to be higher educated and make more money on average than the rest of the population anyway?

Yeah. So why so few of Fortune 500 CEOs are (openly) gay? Surely at least 5% should be (the conservative estimate).

That's a bit of a shock to me that there aren't many old gay people. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2014, 10:02:37 PM
I was under the impression that gays tend to be higher educated and make more money on average than the rest of the population anyway?

When they were growing up being openly gay was more of a barrier to advancement.  Old people tend to be lagging indicators on social progress to say the least.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2014, 10:06:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2014, 10:02:37 PM

When they were growing up being openly gay was more of a barrier to advancement.  Old people tend to be lagging indicators on social progress to say the least.

Is there somewhere they have to advance past CEO?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

QuoteIs there somewhere they have to advance past CEO?

Nope.  I did not realize I was being that obscure.  Ok I will try again.

The jobs that have older people often lag behind because those people started their career paths in the past when older social structures were in place.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Ah - there are fewer gay ceos because their weakness as it was, was discovered and that prevented them from advancing?

Neil

It's also important to remember that it wasn't fashionable to be gay when they were in their formative years.  And people didn't crave victimhood in the same way.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2014, 10:39:52 PM
Ah - there are fewer gay ceos because their weakness as it was, was discovered and that prevented them from advancing?

Blackmailed by the FBI.

Ok they are not that old.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on October 14, 2014, 10:40:59 PM
It's also important to remember that it wasn't fashionable to be gay when they were in their formative years.  And people didn't crave victimhood in the same way.

Well yes in the past the proper plan would be to get married have the kids while secreting lusting/festering inside.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2014, 10:45:25 PM

Blackmailed by the FBI.

Ok they are not that old.

:D

CountDeMoney

Stop being obtuse.  You know damned well pillowbiting is a lot more accepted in the workplace than it was 30 or even 20 years ago.  Hell, now you get preference points for it in some places.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 14, 2014, 10:49:10 PM

Stop being obtuse.  You know damned well pillowbiting is a lot more accepted in the workplace than it was 30 or even 20 years ago.  Hell, now you get preference points for it in some places.

Sure and many people hid it, had successful careers and have come out now...in more accepting times.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2014, 10:45:47 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 14, 2014, 10:40:59 PM

Well yes in the past the proper plan would be to get married have the kids while secreting lusting/festering inside.

Those were the days.  I spent considerable amount of effort on this project and I wanted it desperately.  I cannot believe doing it while being gay.  Social pressure is pretty amazing.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2014, 10:54:46 PM
Sure and many people hid it, had successful careers and have come out now...in more accepting times.

And some can't, for various reasons.  You know that.

garbon