Started by Savonarola, September 10, 2013, 07:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Sounds like Max is gonna get something special for his 9th anniversery.

BTW, the people involved being plain wouldn't keep them from making a TV movie about the case--they'd cast much better looking actors and actresses in the parts.   I figure Courtney Cox and maybe Scott Caan as Rachel and Bob.  Just about any bimbo TV actress could be the mistress, and Ron Perlman could be the handyman (though, in all honesty, I'm not sure he's actually better looking than the real handyman--I'll let the forum gays make that call).

Savonarola

Quote from: dps on September 13, 2013, 10:38:25 AM
BTW, the people involved being plain wouldn't keep them from making a TV movie about the case--they'd cast much better looking actors and actresses in the parts.   I figure Courtney Cox and maybe Scott Caan as Rachel and Bob.  Just about any bimbo TV actress could be the mistress, and Ron Perlman could be the handyman (though, in all honesty, I'm not sure he's actually better looking than the real handyman--I'll let the forum gays make that call).

In the Lifetime version Rachel would survive and go on to kick Master Bob's ass.   :)

And it would be set in Los Angeles; or in a "Detroit" with mountains and palm trees.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

The trial was delayed for the final Tigers game; which is fair since the first two games of the series involved brutality than this trial:

QuoteBashara lied about being married, ex-mistress testifies

Prosecutors called her relationship with Bob Bashara "the motive for the crime."

Today, Rachel Gillett, Bashara's former mistress, took the stand and testified about their relationship and plans to make a life together.

Bashara's marital status, though, was a continuous state of friction in their relationship, causing them to repeatedly break up, Gillett testified.

Bashara would tell her: "I have this plan. I'm working on things," she said.

She didn't like that he was married and expressed it to Bashara in words, letters and her behavior, Gillett said.

"There was always something else that had to occur before the divorce could be final," Gillett said at the murder trial of her former lover.

Bashara is accused of directing his former handyman to kill his wife, Jane Bashara, in January 2012.

He participated in BDSM — bondage, discipline, sadomasochism — with Gillett for years before Jane Bashara's death, according to today's testimony.

Bashara told Gillett in emails that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, and Gillett wanted to get married, too, she said.

In 2010, Bob Bashara gave her a diamond ring. It was a promise ring.

The two would attended dozens of BDSM's parties hosted by Patrick Webb, starting in 2009.

Bashara, Webb said, was always "hush hush" about his private affairs being known and was paranoid over any pictures taken of him.

"He has mentioned that he has to keep these things private from his wife," Webb testified.

Bashara didn't want his home life wrecked by it, and his wife wasn't into the lifestyle, Webb said. Jane Bashara wouldn't understand it or condone it, Webb testified.

Bashara had said he felt trapped and wanted to spend more time with "Slave Rachel," who was submissive in their BDSM lifestyle.

"He wanted to do more in the BDSM community," Webb testified.

Bashara would lie about where he was, one time telling his wife he was golfing instead of at a BDSM party. The possibility of divorce came up at Bashara's dungeon, Webb said.

"Sometimes I think it'd be cheaper to kill the bitch," Webb testified Bashara said.

They were joking around at the time, and Webb thought Bashara was just blowing off steam, he said under cross-examination.

Earlier in the day, Detroit Police Department evidence tech Lori Briggs said she went to the scene on Detroit's east side where Jane Bashara was discovered dead in the back of her black Mercedes SUV in January 2012.

Jane Bashara's body was slumped over in the back seat of the SUV. She had been strangled.

"It appeared that leaves were stuck on her socks," Briggs told jurors as they saw pictures of the scene.

Jane Bashara slippers, which were clean, dry and had no debris on them, were under her on the floor in the back of the SUV.

"One of her fingernails was torn off but still attached," Briggs said. "So it was just kind of hanging there."

The defense has said Gentz is a "weapon on his own without anybody encouraging him."

Lillian Diallo, one of Bashara's attorneys, asked jurors to listen with an open mind and asked them to "judge the facts, not the emotion."
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2013, 09:27:51 PM
That's why BDSM should be put to sleep. Its practitioners are depressing.
go fuck yourself

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.