SEX, MURDER AND MASOCHISM! The trial of Bob Bashara

Started by Savonarola, September 10, 2013, 07:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

QuoteS&M, sex take center stage in Bashara case

The details of an alleged secret sex life of a successful developer accused of slaying his wife are coming to light in a Michigan courtroom this week.

Prosecutors say Bob Bashara killed his wife, Jane Bashara, so he could maintain his sadomasochistic fantasies and multiple mistresses.

Jane Bashara's body was found on January 25, 2012, in the back seat of her SUV. Her body was bruised, and she had been strangled to death. An autopsy showed that she had broken fingernails and bruising that indicated she fought back.

Prosecutors are presenting part of their case this week as a preliminary hearing. They are trying to show they have enough evidence to go forward with a trial against Bashara in the death of his wife. Bashara is charged with first-degree murder, and if convicted, he is facing life in prison. In Michigan, the death penalty is not an option.

Prosecutors called Stan Brue, a special agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, to the stand Tuesday to testify about sexually explicit texts found on Bashara's cell phone, which were sent to someone other than his wife.

One text sent to an Oregon phone number said, "Kneel and know you are mine. You can, but feel my whip."

Prosecutors also called one of Bashara's former business associates to the stand Monday to testify about how Bashara had introduced him to the BDSM -- bondage, discipline and sadomasochism -- lifestyle.

Robert John Godard said he knew Bashara had a dungeon in the basement of one his businesses. He also said Bashara had a mistress named Rachel Gillette, who he called a "slave."

Godard said Bashara "cared for Rachel very much. They were going to make a life together."

Bashara's relationship with his wife eventually started to deteriorate because of his BDSM lifestyle and his relationship with his mistress, according to Godard.

"We were having lunch one day and he asked me if I knew anybody who could put a hurt on somebody," said Godard. "I said I didn't know anybody."

Testimony in the case continues Wednesday.

I saw that HLN had a segment on this landmark case.  Like all crucial matters of jurisprudence it involves kinky sex and murder.  Unfortunately Bashara, his mistress, his wife and his handyman are all middle-aged and not all that attractive; so this cannot be 24-7 court TV.  Even a sex dungeon cannot undo the damage of the years.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 10, 2013, 07:05:17 PM
Hey. Nothing wrong with middle age.  :mad:

There is for the people in question in this case.

So, was he upset that his wife was going to leave him...?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Here's Bob and Rachel in happier days:

The mistress:

The Handyman:

While murdering your spouse is perfectly acceptable for a media phenomenon; being old and plain is not.  For this reason this trial is never going to fill the public conscience to the brim and linger to the very moment the next tabloid murder trial begins.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Savonarola on September 10, 2013, 07:03:07 PM
Unfortunately Bashara, his mistress, his wife and his handyman are all middle-aged and not all that attractive; so this cannot be 24-7 court TV.  Even a sex dungeon cannot undo the damage of the years.   :(

Yeah, the ugly, elderly and infirm take all the fun out of BDSM sex trials.

But that's the ironicalness paradox of BDSM;  it's an acquired taste that takes a long time to develop and nurture, like a delicate, latex-encased flower.  That's why, with some exceptions, so many women don't really get into it until the emotional and sexual maturity of their 30s and 40s. 

Shit, can't even begin to tell you the fucking hoops of international arms control negotiations I had to jump through to convince my high school girlfriend to :youwanttodowhat: :ballgag: :hotwheelstracks:

garbon

That's why BDSM should be put to sleep. Its practitioners are depressing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2013, 09:26:20 PM
Unfortunately Bashara, his mistress, his wife and his handyman are all middle-aged and not all that attractive; so this cannot be 24-7 court TV.  Even a sex dungeon cannot undo the damage of the years.   :(

But that's the ironicalness paradox of BDSM;  it's an acquired taste that takes a long time to develop and nurture, like a delicate, latex-encased flower.  That's why, with some exceptions, so many women don't really get into it until the emotional and sexual maturity of their 30s and 40s. 

Shit, can't even begin to tell you the fucking hoops of international arms control negotiations I had to jump through to convince my high school girlfriend to :youwanttodowhat: :ballgag: :hotwheelstracks:
And the poor girl's been in therapy for the last twenty years.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 10, 2013, 09:49:44 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2013, 09:26:20 PM

And the poor girl's been in therapy for the last twenty years.

She should get the fuck over herself.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall