SEX, MURDER AND MASOCHISM! The trial of Bob Bashara

Started by Savonarola, September 10, 2013, 07:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 10, 2013, 07:09:11 PM
My back hurts, my hip hurts and my beard is gray.

Unlikely, she's still in Junior High.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

QuoteBashara's ex-lovers testify about lies, secret sexual lifestyle

Robert Bashara had plans for a new life.

Already carrying on with a mistress and living an alternative sexual lifestyle, he wanted to bring another woman into his life — one who would live with him and his secret girlfriend in a home he intended to buy.

He told the women he was divorced. But that was a lie.

According to testimony in court Thursday, Bashara was planning his new life when his wife, Jane Bashara, went missing on Jan. 24, 2012. The next day, the Grosse Pointe Park mother was found strangled in her SUV, which had been left on Detroit's east side. An assistant Wayne County medical examiner testified this week that Jane Bashara suffered blunt-force trauma and her trachea was crushed.

Bashara is facing first-degree murder and other charges in connection with the death of his wife. His preliminary examination continues today.

On Thursday, new details about Bashara's plans and his secret BDSM lifestyle — bondage, discipline, sadomasochism — were revealed as his former mistress and an Oregon woman he propositioned to live with them took the stand.

Janet Leehmann, from Oregon, testified she met Bashara on an alternative lifestyle website. He told her he was divorced and sent her presents, including a gift certificate to Olive Garden restaurants and a dirty T-shirt, which he wanted her to wear.

"This is my shirt that I have worn next to my body for 3 days," Bashara wrote in a letter to Leehmann. "It is my scent," he wrote, adding he wanted her to sleep in the shirt.

Bashara's former mistress, Rachel Gillett, with whom he was planning to buy a house, also testified. She said Bashara repeatedly lied to her — first about being a widower and later about getting divorced — but every time she tried to end the relationship, he lured her back in.

She described the couple's lifestyle, saying she was the "slave" and Bashara was her "master."

During the hearing, 36th District Court Judge Kenneth King scolded Bashara, who he believed was trying to have nonverbal communication with Gillett by patting his hand to his heart. Bashara said he had a rash on his chest.

Gillett testified that in August 2009, she moved into an apartment in one of Bashara's properties. In the basement he had a sex dungeon, where Gillett met him about twice a week, she said.

During the course of their affair, Gillett testified, she tried to break up with Bashara several times. In one e-mail, she said she was "not the other-woman type." Gillett read Bashara's response, in which he said his relationship with his wife was "over."

Bashara told her she was "collared" to him, she said. Gillett testified that he meant she was his.

Gillett testified that Bashara would come to her house and cry when she tried to end the relationship. Once, when she came home, he was sitting in a lawn chair, blocking her door, she said.

In an e-mail he sent in 2010, Bashara told Gillett he was ready to make a "life-changing" event for her. She read the message in court.

"I am here and I will not release you," Bashara wrote. "I am your man, and you are my woman."

In June 2011, Gillett testified, Bashara told her he was divorced.

The pair had started planning to buy a house together and began talking about bringing another person into their relationship. Gillett testified that she agreed to this because she "thought it would stop him from cheating."

They eventually began talking to Leehmann in Oregon.

Leehmann testified that Bashara came to see her in January 2012. She said that, during his visit, Bashara spent a lot of time on the phone. Once, Leehmann testified, she overheard him tell someone: "I want this done, I want it done this weekend."

Leehmann testified that she asked who he was talking to and Bashara said, "a handyman."

Gillett testified that she and Bashara made arrangements to close on a house in late January 2012. But when she asked to see Bashara's divorce papers on Jan. 20, he came up with excuses why he couldn't show them to her, Gillett testified.

On Jan. 24, 2012, Bashara came to her workplace and the two had lunch. That night, Jane Bashara went missing. Gillett testified that Bashara was distraught. She said he was concerned about being blamed for his wife's disappearance and told her to contact Leehmann and tell her to stop communication.

Gillett testified that after Jane Bashara's body was found the next day, Bashara told her his wife was dead and asked her to come to his house, saying there were several people gathered there and that "nobody would notice." Gillett testified that she didn't go.

Bashara also asked her to come to a candlelight vigil, which Gillett said she attended.

Gillett said it was late January 2012 when she first heard the name Joseph Gentz on the news. Gentz — Bashara's former handyman — told authorities he killed Jane Bashara at her husband's direction.

Gentz, who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, said Bashara offered him money to kill his wife and threatened him if he didn't go through with it. A forensic scientist testified Thursday that Gentz could not be excluded as a donor of DNA on Jane Bashara's fingernails.

Bashara, who has maintained he had nothing to do with his wife's death, went to prison after pleading guilty to solicitation of murder for trying to have Gentz killed.

Prosecutors have cited Bashara's alternative lifestyle and the affair with Gillett as motives in Jane Bashara's killing

So are all sadists such crybabies?  :unsure:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

Cries like a bitch and gives gifts such as Olive Garden gift certificates and dirty laundry? What a catch. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Mickey Rourke did a bit of blubbering at the end of 9 1/2 Weeks.  :hmm:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2013, 09:14:40 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 09:11:28 PM

Not a catch. :thumbsdown:

Hell, I'd be crying losing Kim Basinger circa 1986, too.  Especially for doing something stupid like pushing the threesome too early.  Dummy, you've got to pace that shit.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 12, 2013, 09:17:37 PM
Olive Garden gift certs? UNLIMITED BREADSTICKS

Salad too and apparently something with pasta dishes now. So said my sister when she drove across our great nation back to the worst coast.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 12, 2013, 09:20:01 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2013, 09:14:40 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 09:11:28 PM

Not a catch. :thumbsdown:

Hell, I'd be crying losing Kim Basinger circa 1986, too.  Especially for doing something stupid like pushing the threesome too early.  Dummy, you've got to pace that shit.

You mean that's not a first date activity? :cry:

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive