What insults to other countries are part of your language?

Started by Savonarola, October 10, 2014, 01:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on October 12, 2014, 10:34:18 AM
One day, contempt for the French will unite the world. :)

Contempt for the French seems like giving them more attention than they deserve. :boring:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

A Chinese Fire Drill is pandemonium or confusion.

From Wikipedia I learned that a "Chinese Ace" is an incompetent pilot; deriving from the aeronautic term "One wing low," which sounded to some like a Chinese name.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Zoupa

Razgovory

Quote from: Zoupa on October 13, 2014, 02:44:23 PM
You think about us much more than we think about you :frog:

Doubt that.  I'll bet more French know who the President of the US is then Americans who know who the President of France is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on October 13, 2014, 06:25:51 PM

Doubt that.  I'll bet more French know who the President of the US is then Americans who know who the President of France is.

On a percentage basis, more French probably know who is President of the US than Americans know who the President of the US is.

Tonitrus

Quote from: dps on October 13, 2014, 07:56:07 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 13, 2014, 06:25:51 PM

On a percentage basis, more French probably know who is President of the US than Americans know who the President of the US is.

French need to know who foreingers are, so they can better snootily look down upon them.   :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on October 13, 2014, 07:56:07 PM

It's those damned teacher's unions.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2014, 03:31:30 AM

Don't male bonobos use oral sex to resolve disputes over females (with the blowee letting the blower have sex with the female as a result)?

They also sometimes forcefully sodomize their own children.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017