News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Twin Peaks to Return

Started by Josephus, October 06, 2014, 02:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Yeah, I don't get Showtime either...but, um, there are alternative ways.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

I don't know why they bother.  You cannot possibly repeat the magic, so why waste time and talent trying?  There are many original ideas that are better worth the investment.  If they were following up on a more conventional show, it might be worth it.  But you cannot pre-plan quirkiness.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

I hope they don't repeat the magic. I hope they create something equally magical. There's a not-so-subtle difference.
Civis Romanus Sum

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on October 06, 2014, 05:46:40 PM
I hope they don't repeat the magic. I hope they create something equally magical. There's a not-so-subtle difference.
You can't duplicate an original and be original. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on October 06, 2014, 04:58:04 PM
I don't know why they bother.  You cannot possibly repeat the magic, so why waste time and talent trying?  There are many original ideas that are better worth the investment.  If they were following up on a more conventional show, it might be worth it.  But you cannot pre-plan quirkiness.
I'm with grumbler on this one.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

I don't know why they bother.

Huge number of established fans lowers the marketing risk.

QuoteYou cannot possibly repeat the magic, so why waste time and talent trying?  There are many original ideas that are better worth the investment.  If they were following up on a more conventional show, it might be worth it.  But you cannot pre-plan quirkiness.

All true.

CountDeMoney

Josephus

Quote from: grumbler on October 06, 2014, 06:24:43 PM
You can't duplicate an original and be original.

No. But my point is they can do something totally unexpected with it and still be magical.
Civis Romanus Sum

Eddie Teach

Like Fargo the movie and Fargo the tv show?  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Neil

Boomers are the main audience for TV, as the younger generations have started to retreat from it.

Just wait for the thirtysomething relaunch, sixtysomething.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

They should just Timmay it up, and throw in Transformers and shit in it.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 06, 2014, 11:41:39 PM
They should just Timmay it up, and throw in Transformers and shit in it.
It will turn out that Laura Palmer was killed by a Decepticon.  Or maybe King Kong.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.