News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Twin Peaks to Return

Started by Josephus, October 06, 2014, 02:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

I'm a huge fan of David Lynch; I see this as another chance of seeing Lynch doing "mainstream" work. It may crash and burn, but it's also the opportunity to see some unique TV. So I'm all for it.

The original was certainly lightning in a bottle - I recall Lynch talking about how he created the "Bob" character after he saw the actor (actually a carpenter) crouching in set to fix a bed and thinking he looked so creepy he cast him on the spot.

As Wiggins said, it doesn't need to be "exactly like" the original show to be great, like the Fargo series.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 06, 2014, 07:24:46 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 06, 2014, 05:46:40 PM
I hope they don't repeat the magic. I hope they create something equally magical. There's a not-so-subtle difference.

Like Fargo the movie and Fargo the tv show?  :)

That's a good benchmark, yes.

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 06, 2014, 07:24:46 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 06, 2014, 05:46:40 PM
I hope they don't repeat the magic. I hope they create something equally magical. There's a not-so-subtle difference.

Like Fargo the movie and Fargo the tv show?  :)
:hmm:  You know, that's a very good point.  Objection withdrawn. 

But I'll still predict disaster.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

Quote from: celedhring on October 07, 2014, 02:26:52 AM
I'm a huge fan of David Lynch; I see this as another chance of seeing Lynch doing "mainstream" work. It may crash and burn, but it's also the opportunity to see some unique TV. So I'm all for it.

The original was certainly lightning in a bottle - I recall Lynch talking about how he created the "Bob" character after he saw the actor (actually a carpenter) crouching in set to fix a bed and thinking he looked so creepy he cast him on the spot.

As Wiggins said, it doesn't need to be "exactly like" the original show to be great, like the Fargo series.

I said that too....first.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on October 07, 2014, 05:54:25 AM

He provided an example, but it is your statement that I am agreeing with.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Brazen

Did this give anyone else goosepimples?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Brazen on October 07, 2014, 06:52:01 AM
Did this give anyone else goosepimples?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  I am looking forward to this.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 06, 2014, 11:41:39 PM
They should just Timmay it up, and throw in Transformers and shit in it.

Everybody gets Ebola and dies at the end.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: grumbler on October 07, 2014, 06:28:13 AM
Quote from: Josephus on October 07, 2014, 05:54:25 AM

He provided an example, but it is your statement that I am agreeing with.

Thanks.  :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

One thing David Lynch does very well is cast super duper hotties.

Valmy

Is Kyle MacLachlan going to be in it?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 07, 2014, 08:40:16 PM
One thing David Lynch does very well is cast super duper hotties.

Yeah, Cheryl Lee was a true babe back in the day, hasn't aged well though.  Little school girl brunette had a tight body as well.

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on October 07, 2014, 09:18:49 PM
Is Kyle MacLachlan going to be in it?

Looks so:

QuoteKyle MacLachlan @Kyle_MacLachlan  ยท  6 oct.
Better fire up that percolator and find my black suit :-) #Twinpeaks

Valmy

Sweet!  I will give it a shot then.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."