News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Naval history buffs to me!

Started by Brazen, October 06, 2014, 11:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 09, 2014, 05:52:33 PM
Ank is being fired out of a torpedo tube right now off the Syrian coast, armed only with a garrote and list of targets.

Are you kidding me, the guy's a commissioned officer in the Royal Jordanian Army.  I've been to his house.  I saw the uniform.  Two more years, and he's Deputy Chief of Staff.

Brazen

Quote from: 11B4V on October 09, 2014, 11:55:06 AM
Hopefully she got the info she was after, before you monkeys shitted up her thread.  :lol:
What the fuck happened here? I feel like parents coming home from holiday to find their teenagers advertised a house party on Facebook.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on October 15, 2014, 10:14:18 AM
Hopefully she got the info she was after, before you monkeys shitted up her thread.  :lol:
What the fuck happened here? I feel like parents coming home form holiday to find their teenagers advertised a house party on Facebook.

At a guess, what Always happens here.  :rolleyes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on October 09, 2014, 06:34:25 AM
Quote from: grumbler on October 07, 2014, 10:47:13 AM
BTW, when tempted to moan about who "can't admit or concede anything," look in the mirror first.  I conceded a point about Twin peaks earlier today, when faced with evidence that my earlier stand was based on incomplete evidence.  Can you point to a concession of wrong you have recently made in an argument?

BTW, the response to this challenge was exactly as expected:  a red herring argument, followed by the sound of crickets.  :lol:
To be fair, aren't you the guy who got on my case for calling Russian leaders "psychotic", and then slinked away without further comment when I pointed out that I never called them that?

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on October 15, 2014, 10:35:32 AM
To be fair, aren't you the guy who got on my case for calling Russian leaders "psychotic", and then slinked away without further comment when I pointed out that I never called them that?
No.  You used the term "psychopath" as I recall, and so did I.

To be fair, do you still contend that Russia has always been run by psychopaths, or are you slinking away from that contention?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Warspite

Quote from: Brazen on October 15, 2014, 10:14:18 AM
What the fuck happened here? I feel like parents coming home from holiday to find their teenagers advertised a house party on Facebook.

:lol:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on October 15, 2014, 11:36:23 AM

To be fair, do you still contend that Russia has always been run by psychopaths, or are you slinking away from that contention?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

This thread is going down faster than the Hood.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 15, 2014, 12:03:13 PM

It has all the quality of a British second hand sub.

DGuller

CountDeMoney

With a pack of Skittles and an iced tea.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on October 15, 2014, 11:52:11 AM
Quote from: grumbler on October 15, 2014, 11:36:23 AM

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

The Hood was a fine warship in its day, but it probably shouldn't have been sent up against Bismarck.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on October 15, 2014, 06:55:20 PM
The Hood was a fine warship in its day, but it probably shouldn't have been sent up against Bismarck.

Should have sent some subs.  Brazen, you got that?

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on October 15, 2014, 06:56:44 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 15, 2014, 06:55:20 PM
Should have sent some subs.  Brazen, you got that?
Submarines didn't exactly have a great record against fast, maneuvering warships.  Maybe they could get put those two big, River-class subs out there in front of it, but their odds of success would be pretty slim.

The dreadnought battleship was still the ultimate antiship weapon in the North Atlantic at that time.  It would have made more sense to send KGV with Prince of Wales.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.