Incest a 'fundamental right', German committee says

Started by jimmy olsen, September 30, 2014, 06:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Trust Marty to twist a discussion on incest laws into a case of homosexual superiority

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on September 30, 2014, 02:01:46 PM
Trust Marty to twist a discussion on incest laws into a case of homosexual superiority

:showoff:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 30, 2014, 07:42:11 AM
"Criminal law is not the appropriate means to preserve a social taboo."
Sure it is. Banning swastikas or hate speech for example.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 30, 2014, 02:11:11 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 30, 2014, 07:42:11 AM
"Criminal law is not the appropriate means to preserve a social taboo."
Sure it is. Banning swastikas or hate speech for example.

Incitement to commit a crime. Though I also don't really agree with banning swastikas, anyway.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Incitement should be criminal. I don't think hate speech without incitement is illegal.

Banning swastikas doesn't make sense a liberal society. I can see why it is done from a pragmatic perspective, but I oppose it on principle.

That said, using a certain symbol for your political party is a right of lesser importance than the question with whom you may or may not have sex and children.

Tamas

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on September 30, 2014, 02:59:11 PM
Banning the swastika is silly.

No it's not.  We banned them in Germany for very good reasons.  It was for our sake not that of the Germans.  Admittedly, a resurgent Nazi party isn't likely to be a problem now.  I do wish someone had banned Soviet imagery in Russia back in 1991 though. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

To elaborate, in the perfect system, incest should be rendered lawful, particularly in the circumstance of siblings raised apart, as there is less of a risk of an unhealthy power dynamic.  Perhaps other forms of adult incest could be decriminalized as well, since the pervasive surveillance will permit investigation into the propriety of the relationship.

But, of course, such lawful couplings should be subordinated to the overarching eugenics program.  So, should the need arise, they may have to submit to abortions or sterilization.  Lady's choice!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on September 30, 2014, 04:45:01 PM
But, of course, such lawful couplings should be subordinated to the overarching eugenics program.  So, should the need arise, they may have to submit to abortions or sterilization.  Lady's choice!

QuoteBanning the swastika is silly.

I am not so sure.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on September 30, 2014, 03:35:29 PM
Quote from: Tamas on September 30, 2014, 02:59:11 PM
Banning the swastika is silly.

No it's not.  We banned them in Germany for very good reasons.  It was for our sake not that of the Germans.  Admittedly, a resurgent Nazi party isn't likely to be a problem now.  I do wish someone had banned Soviet imagery in Russia back in 1991 though. :(

For 50 years it was verboten in Hungary to even be mildly lenient on the Hungarian regime of the ww2 era, let alone sporting a swastika. Yet the nazis started slowly but steadily coming out of the woodwork when free speech was introduced (mind you, swastika has been still banned). It just doesn't work.

Razgovory

I don't think you can compare Germany to Hungary in this situation.  West Germany has long had free speech, and East Germany has had it for 20 years.  They seem to be doing quite well.  Fascist and Nazi groups seem to do better in the wreckage of the Comecon then they do in the Industrialized west.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on September 30, 2014, 06:36:16 PM
I don't think you can compare Germany to Hungary in this situation.  West Germany has long had free speech, and East Germany has had it for 20 years.  They seem to be doing quite well.  Fascist and Nazi groups seem to do better in the wreckage of the Comecon then they do in the Industrialized west.

Is this arguing for or against the German ban on the swastika?

Razgovory

Against.  No rush though.  Perhaps we can review the issue in 2033.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 30, 2014, 05:38:04 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 30, 2014, 04:45:01 PM

QuoteBanning the swastika is silly.

I am not so sure.

:lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall