Started by Syt, September 30, 2014, 12:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

CountDeMoney

Jacob

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

http://aa.com.tr/en/americas/turkish-officials-prepare-for-erdogan-trump-meeting/811834

QuoteTurkish officials prepare for Erdogan, Trump meeting

Chief of General Staff Hulusi Akar, intelligence head Hakan Fidan, presidential aide Ibrahim Kalin depart for Washington

Three of Turkey's top officials set off on Friday to the U.S. ahead of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's visit to the country between May 15 and 17.

Chief of General Staff Hulusi Akar, intelligence chief Hakan Fidan and presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin are expected to meet with U.S. counterparts ahead of Erdogan's visit.

Erdogan and U.S. President Donald Trump will meet for the first time face to face later this month.

The two leaders are expected to discuss the extradition of the U.S.-based leader of the Fetullah Terror Organization, Fetullah Gulen, developments in Syria and Iraq plus the fight against terrorism.

Trump was one of the first international leaders to congratulate Erdogan over the Yes win in Turkey's recent constitutional referendum.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

One of the things the are preparing with, apparently, is a no-fly zone over Syria they have agreed on with Russia.

Sad!

Zanza

Germany has granted political asylum from persecution to the first few Turkish NATO soldiers with diplomat passport. They were among those that were fired due to being "Gulenists". I am sure that will go down well in the Turkish press. Another 450 asylum claims outstanding.

Zanza

grumbler

Quote from: Zanza on May 08, 2017, 12:12:21 PM
Huh, why is this pinned now?

So that people will ignore it.

Or because of someone's mistake.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Raz hasn't posted in this thread for a while, so the mods are trying to help him spot it. That must be why he is replying in the thread anymore, right?  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on May 08, 2017, 02:46:15 PM
Raz hasn't posted in this thread for a while, so the mods are trying to help him spot it. That must be why he is replying in the thread anymore, right?  :P
To be fair, didn't Raz sort of concede on this subject?

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on May 08, 2017, 06:07:58 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 08, 2017, 02:46:15 PM
To be fair, didn't Raz sort of concede on this subject?

Yes he did and quite clearly so, further up the thread.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"