Human Rights Watch Warns of 'Authoritarian Drift' in Turkey

Started by Syt, September 30, 2014, 12:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 21, 2017, 02:18:27 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2017, 07:27:05 AM
Wegmans has very good sushi,

They mark it very clearly for our peasant American tastes. Raw stuff has a red label, cooked has...green I think? and blue has no fish at all.

You're already gone down a pretty dark path when you're buying sushi from a supermarket.

Wegmans is not just some supermarket.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

They mark it very clearly for our peasant American tastes. Raw stuff has a red label, cooked has...green I think? and blue has no fish at all.

You're already gone down a pretty dark path when you're buying sushi from a supermarket.

Pardon me! Would you have any Grey Poupon?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2017, 02:33:09 PM

supermarket snob <_<

:P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

No need to pay 20 bucks for fucking California roll.  Avocado is avocado.

Agree that supermarket tuna is pretty rough sledding.

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2017, 02:45:07 PM

Wegmans isn't.

Wegmans is fucking awesome. It is as good as sushi gets

1) In Rochester NY, and
2) That isn't made to order while you wait.

0 rows returned

HVC

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2017, 02:47:24 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2017, 02:45:07 PM

Wegmans isn't.

Wegmans is fucking awesome. It is as good as sushi gets

1) In Rochester NY, and
2) That isn't made to order while you wait.

have you considered that maybe you don't actually like sushi? :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Berkut

Shush, I do like sushi. You take what you can get.

I mostly used to it when traveling though, since my family is a bunch of peasants and won't eat it, so I had it when travelling for business. Which was nice, since it meant someone else was paying for it. And really good sushi is really damn expensive.

0 rows returned

HVC

it really can be. Sushi is a lot like pizza. Ok sushi is ok, but great sushi is great (though it's easier to have bad sushi). I prefer sashimi though, or at least a meal with a larger portion of sashimi.

were I used to work we used to go often for sushi as there was a pretty good place nearby that was all you can eat. One of my coworkers would say she loved sushi and then only eat battered shrimp and the meat dishes :lol:

Berkut

Quote from: HVC on April 21, 2017, 02:56:51 PM
it really can be. Sushi is a lot like pizza. Ok sushi is ok, but great sushi is great (though it's easier to have bad sushi). I prefer sashimi though, or at least a meal with a larger portion of sashimi.

I would say the big difference would be that bad pizza is still pretty good.

Bad sushi is a night spent with food poisoning.

were I used to work we used to go often for sushi as there was a pretty good place nearby that was all you can eat. One of my coworkers would say she loved sushi and then only eat battered shrimp and the meat dishes :lol:

Oh yeah. You see that plenty.

My daughter "loves" sushi, but will only eat stuff without any fish in it, which isn't really sushi per se, but then, the thing she likes about it you can't get in some other dish, so whatever. And she will at least try some stuff with cooked salmon or tuna, so I am taking it slow with her...

0 rows returned

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2017, 02:33:09 PM

We have them in VA too--and I agree, they're a supermarket where they mark everything up 30% and push overpriced crap at you from "boutique" market stalls or whatever fuck they use. I've been in one once, and I'll stick to Food Lion.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on April 21, 2017, 02:34:57 PM

Pardon me! Would you have any Grey Poupon?

:huh: But of course.  :bowler:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

The thing with sushi is that the temperature of the food is critical.  One of the reasons traditional sushi places pretty much require guests to sit in a bar right in front of the chef is so that the customer can eat it within a minute of leaving the chef's hands.  The sushi chefs hate customers who chat and forget the sushi in front of them.  The problem with supermarket sushi is that, for health safety reasons, it needs to be chilled.  Once it is chilled, it is gone. 

DGuller

I can understand a restaurant demanding that customers eat its food a certain way, especially ones with a name to protect.  If some idiot goes to a fancy steakhouse, orders a well-done steak with A1 sauce, and then tells other people that this restaurant was alright but nothing special, the brand name takes a hit.  And sometimes people really don't know what's good for them, you see that every time someone talks about liking deep dish pizza or supermarket sushi.